Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Bridge Resort?

Tee
    Your feedback, considering buying a time share......

jackpunx
    Look at the Nautical Inn also.. we just purchased one there..

summerlove
    Stay away from havazoo...I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to go there, too many crowds, too much LE, etc. I just don't get it...
    (OK everyone, don't tell him I have a house there and a boat there, we'll try and keep the gates locked and not let anyone else in...shhh )
    Ok, here's the deal on timeshares, for the cheapest and most cost effective way to go, buy at Havasu Dunes and use bonus time. Here's one for sale on ebay right now, it's a good deal, and much cheaper than either LBR or the NI. You are missing the "on the water" feel, but it is nice to get away from the zoo every now and again...
    Here's the
    link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15897)
    Good luck.

Essex502
    I wouldn't buy a timeshare for any amount of money. Difficult to unload when you are tired of the experience or the management goes downhill. IMHO - bad investment.
    Buy land and build your own. Better investment.

summerlove
    Originally posted by Essex502
    I wouldn't buy a timeshare for any amount of money. Difficult to unload when you are tired of the experience or the management goes downhill. IMHO - bad investment.
    You always have to be so damn practical!
    You're right, BUT, I've had a TS at the dunes for years and it was a great investment if you look at it as a cheap way to get a 2 bedroom condo for less than a crappy room at the local Motel 6! Don't expect to get much for it when you sell, exspecially if you only paid a few hundred for it. A friend of mine recently bought one for under a grand, he figures the payback is about 1 summer of use, then it's all savings...

jackpunx
    Originally posted by Essex502
    If your looking for an investment.. For sure.. Buy land .. if you looking to go on vacation, have someone clean your room , make your bed. And you not worry about the pluming or the roof.. Go with a timeshare.. You can take your week and use it anywhere.. and then take your bonus time.. (Which for me is $50 a night.. at the NI.. where they charge $300+ for these rooms.. and the new ones have Jacuzzi’s in them) and go to Havazoo on bonus time.. You can even bring family and friends and get them a room next to you for 50$..
    Not knocking the land thing.. Because.. I might do that also.. but just make sure you know your options.. The timeshare will force you to take well needed vacations.. Some of us need that
    Just my .02

Party Cat
    Ya might want to check with 'Havasu Doug' over at his board Havasu Doug (http://www.havasudoug.com) ..... I'm pretty sure he has one there...

Essex502
    Originally posted by jackpunx
    If your looking for an investment.. For sure.. Buy land .. if you looking to go on vacation, have someone clean your room , make your bed. And you not worry about the pluming or the roof.. Go with a timeshare.. You can take your week and use it anywhere.. and then take your bonus time.. (Which for me is $50 a night.. at the NI.. where they charge $300+ for these rooms.. and the new ones have Jacuzzi?s in them) and go to Havazoo on bonus time.. You can even bring family and friends and get them a room next to you for 50$..
    Not knocking the land thing.. Because.. I might do that also.. but just make sure you know your options.. The timeshare will force you to take well needed vacations.. Some of us need that
    Just my .02
    The problems usually come when you want to unload the timeshare for whatever reason - lifestyle change, money problems, managment goes down the drain, whatever - and then trying to find a buyer. Yes, this is a generality but these things happen. Also, when the sell out you might have trouble scheduling the weekend YOU want versus the weekend that is available. Also, reciprocal agreements with other timeshares are only as good if you want to use those timeshares.

jackpunx
    then buy a used one for cheep

AzDon
    LBR is the typical timeshare BS! Once they oversold the units, their cashflow wasn't enough and they went bankrupt. The management had to win a bk auction to retain control over the village. I'm told that even when you reserve 365 days ahead, you get a shitty unit if you can get in at all! A friend of mine threatened to sue for fraud and got a refund.
    The problem with time shares is that once everything is sold and no new money is coming in, you can easily find out that all you purchased was optimism in perpetuity! When you buy vacation lodging years in advance, there's too much risk that you won't get what you've paid for!
    As for Havasu Dunes, be sure to get details about boat parking, because they lost the street parking on Lake Havasu av and I don't think they have any!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast