Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where, Jet Pump Rebuild ?

MidnightMantra
    Need some help guys. Looking for someone in the south, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia area that will pull a pump, rebuild and reseal it into my hull. Would like to upgrade it also, drop snoop with a place diverter maybe. Pump is a Dominator (12-S) in a mantra hull.

screamdreambrad
    i don't know anything about them, but there is a pro boat sevice in woodstock ga. does that help ya? 770-928-1533. maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Cheap Thrills
    what do you want done to it ? just a basic rebuild ?
    thrust bearing bowl bushings , wear ring and seals ?
    I can do it. but I'm up in NC arround Asheville.
    would be glad to help out .
    C.T.

1HOTGMCJET
    I forget the guy's name, but I bought some parts from him and he seemed quite knowledgeable and a nice guy to boot - a few folks on here recommended him as well:
    Jet Pump Repair
    63087 Highway 25N
    Smithville, MS 38870
    662-256-4018
    Hope this helps you out - Good Luck!

Duane HTP
    His name is Tom Morrow. Tom is a good man!

1HOTGMCJET
    Speaking of knowledgeable nice guys - there's another one for you!! Duane, as usual, you're the man - I knew the guys name was kind of an unusual combination that made up another word, but couldn't recall - he was nice enough to send me one of his pens when I bought the parts, and I remembered having it when I saw this post - I guess mission accomplished for him, huh??? lol Anyway, thanks Duane - did you ever get the hang of picture posting? It's a little easier on here now.......if I can help, just say the word, I'll do my best!

Duane HTP
    I'll try to give it a try tonight. I've not been able to log on here for sometime. Good to be back. Thanks for the offer. Duane HTP

manuel
    I had the front bearing replaced in my pump by a shop in Eufaula, Al. they told me they had 20 years expierence, turns out it was his first Jacuzzi Y he'd done and butchered it, book says .001-.010
    when we tried it out we were turning 6k at 21mph, opened it up and the clearence was .067, he smashed the bilge pump and all the wires that went anywhere near the pump were cut, enough silicone to seal the titanic big globs of it dripping everywhere even out the bottom through the grate, half the bolts were loose,
    the boat and seats(white) were covered in black greasy handprints, and the jackstand on the trailer was smashed in from turning too tight and hitting something,
    My first plan was Proboat but they were on vacation, and their recording says they wont be back until Dec. 9th, they were REAL helpful on the phone, I'm taking it to Big A Performance in Decatur, Tennessee this week (423)745-9667, I wanted to try Jim Brock he's been lot's of help but the pump weighs 67 pounds and the shipping would be too high, I called the guy in Smithsville, Ms. when I was hunting the trim unit and he said he had been doing this for over 30 years and that he knew every single thing about Jacuzzi's and he would bet me they never made a trim for the Y pump, I offered to send him a picture and exploded diagram but he has no e-mail,

Cheap Thrills
    Actually Big A is in ten mile close to 5 points just north of Decatur . and a little south of the Lighthouse good people there good luck with it .
    C.T. :wink:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by manuel barje
    I had the front bearing replaced in my pump by a shop in Eufaula, Al. they told me they had 20 years expierence, turns out it was his first Jacuzzi Y he'd done and butchered it, book says .001-.010
    when we tried it out we were turning 6k at 21mph, opened it up and the clearence was .067, he smashed the bilge pump and all the wires that went anywhere near the pump were cut, enough silicone to seal the titanic big globs of it dripping everywhere even out the bottom through the grate, half the bolts were loose,
    the boat and seats(white) were covered in black greasy handprints, and the jackstand on the trailer was smashed in from turning too tight and hitting something,
    My first plan was Proboat but they were on vacation, and their recording says they wont be back until Dec. 9th, they were REAL helpful on the phone, I'm taking it to Big A Performance in Decatur, Tennessee this week (423)745-9667, I wanted to try Jim Brock he's been lot's of help but the pump weighs 67 pounds and the shipping would be too high, I called the guy in Smithsville, Ms. when I was hunting the trim unit and he said he had been doing this for over 30 years and that he knew every single thing about Jacuzzi's and he would bet me they never made a trim for the Y pump, I offered to send him a picture and exploded diagram but he has no e-mail, you're right!!! they do make a hydraulic trim for a yj pump and I have one. still works too.....might be worth something someday. here is a pic in case you need to clear the waterhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523012431-R1-7A-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...-R1-8A-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ETPUMP-med.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast