Thread: New boat for winter project

Jungle Boy
    This a couple of photos of my new Eagle 19' Sport with the high windshield option. It will be powered by a ZZ4 engine and a Berkley pump. Plans are to have it painted that new Dodge colour, Butane Blue. It will be nice to have a quite pleasure boat again, after ripping up and down the rivers in a race boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...000802-med.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...000791-med.jpg

Moomawnster
    It's always nice to see that I am not the worst case of "boat sickness" HehHeh ....... JB what exactly is a ZZ4 ?
    I bet it would drop right in my Tahiti !

Jungle Boy
    It's a GM crate motor. 350 ci, 355 hp, very dependable engine. With some minor head porting and 1:6 roller rockers, mine was dynoed at 405 HP & 415 ft/lbs.

Moomawnster
    Thanks I want to put in a new engine this winter and 400 hp is the goal , can watercooled logs flow enough for that kind of power ? or are headers a "must" ?

Jungle Boy
    I ran Imco Power-flo exhaust on my previous ZZ4 engine. Also, you'll hear some people say that the crate motors don't make good marine engines. That's complete bullshit. I know of at least 10 ZZ4 engines in aluminum jetboats and NOT one has failed. They run for ever with no problem. Tap the key and they start and you can run them flat out all day long. In river racing, they have been raced for years in FX class. I raced my last one in a Marathon (500 miles of to the pin at 5000 / 5200 rpm) after I had it in a pleasure boat for 3 years before that and it still runs like the day I bought it. It's agood alternative to a big block that makes 450 / 500 HP because they are 125+ lbs less in weight in the back end of your boat.

Moomawnster
    Fortunately I can get some "free" parts and I should be able to get this done pretty cheep ....... here is the goal , 400hp ... $2500 I expect this to mushroom as the fun begins and I gain enthusiasm Keep us posted on your playjet I just LOVE those beercan boats !