Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: project avenger

Hello
    I am in the process of a complete restore of a 76' 16' Cee Bee Avenger. I have installed new stringers, transom, floor and am in the process of sanding all the layers of paint off the hull.
    I have been searching and have basicly found nothing on this boat. Is it a fast hull, is it rare, can it be fast, should I can the 455 olds that has to be completly rebuilt for a 454 or 502 crate.
    How fast would this boat be with a 500 hp 502. Anybody here boat on the St.Johns. Thanks!! This is a great site!Troy

1Bahnerjet
    The Jets were 17'7"
    The O.B. was 16' 7"
    Which do you have ?
    Can it be Fast.....YES
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../43AV8-med.jpg

Sorry, 17', it's a little more of a v bottom than that pic and it has a windshield, split in the middle. Anyone know where I can get a windshield.Thanks!Troy

1Bahnerjet
    Sounds like you have a Mach III
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../43AV5-med.jpg
    You need to talk to SideWound he has the Same Basic deal (a SideWinder) He'll tell you how to Throw a Roost, at Lease

Jet City
    I have seen the one's like yours, nice looking boats. As for your 455 vs. BBC question, obviously the BBC would be the prefered direction if you were starting from scratch, but if you have a fresh 455, why not enjoy what you have. What are your goals for this boat?

Old Guy
    Cee Bee Mfg. is still in business. You might be able to get a windshield from them. Last year, I got a windshield frame for a '76 from them.

Jake W
    Not to be a cock but the Avenger is nothing like a Sidewinder .Just because it has a windsheild does not make it the same.The sidewinder has a very deep entry hull as where the Avenger just has a diffrent deck on the low profile bottom .This same thing goes for the Taylor SS same bottom as the SJ diffrent Deck.
    I think they are pretty neat looking boats good luck with it.
    Oyea shit can the 455 and put a FORD 460 in it.What kind of pump does it have?
    Jake

Old Guy
    Who the hell said anything about a Sidewinder?
    http://files.triton.net/old1/avenger.jpg
    This is my Avenger. You got a problem with that?

Lil' musty up under the collar?

Jake W
    Hey Old Guy did you even read the intire thread.Bahner1 said something about the sidewinder.I never said any thing about an Old guy in my last post.I do not have a problem with your Avenger.Mabey you should read the whole thread befor you open your mouth.I was just giving some info after all that is what the guy wanted and it had nothing to do with you.I never said any thing bad about the Avenger in the first place.
    Rock on Avenger owners.
    Jake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast