Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP!!! Need to flip the BTO over

HavasuBarney
    Originally posted by flat broke
    Go with the hoist idea, if that gel cracks because you flipped the boat over (exculding dropping it on its side or something) you would have ended up seeing the cracks after a few outings on the water anyhow. The tire idea will work too, but I don't think you'll find many takers for that afternoon of fun. Flipping some guy's freshly gelled boat would be like signing up to move a chick's fine china and nic nacs. All you're going to hear is "be careful... can't you move any faster?... be carefull.."
    Out of curiosity, why didn't Barney just tilt the f'er 45 degrees, shoot and sand one side, then repeat for the other? I know that someone elses 20' cruiser that is built way more burly than yours was handled in such a fashion.
    Good luck cleaning up the bottom, and don't forget to blueprint her while you have it upside down.
    Chris
    I think the operative word was flipping, as in turning the boat over, again a far cry from tilting it while keeping it supported.
    I agree with you there FB, I think that the tilt would work just fine.
    Just to answer your curiosity, the bottom was never negotiated as work to be done by me.
    As far as the weight of the two boats in question, superdaves013's and the BTO, I would estimate the weight of sd013's Schiada to be about half of the BTO.

HavasuBarney
    Here's the set up I described earlier. Most times, there's no need to flip the boat.
    I'll put some more detailed pictures of our stands on my site.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...aised_boat.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...k_view-med.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123