Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Center Fin

ColeTR1
    My Cole TR1 has a very large center fin. I think itÂ’s too big for drag racing? After talking to some of the guys this weekend I think the fin on my boat is for skiing. Looking at pictures I have seen three different types of fins on runner bottoms. Most of the fast boats have a fin like #3. I was wondering what the dimensions on some of you fellow runner bottoms fins are? Or any other info on this subject!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/738Fin2.jpg
    This is the fin on my boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...00/738fin1.jpg

Wow, I made my own. It's 1" at the front & 3" at the back! Alot of guys run 0 at the front and 3 at the back. It doesn't turn to good, I have to use the down pedal, to get it around. Looks like I use #2.

Fiat48
    That's a mightly big fin there. Mines a #2. I'd say yours is a ski deal. Little more drag but depends on what you want to do.

The smaller two will have issues turning for sure, especially #1. Just depends on if turning is an issue vs. the speed tradeoff. The racers can tell you better than me how much speed its worth.

Lookin for Liquid
    Hud is correct, #2 for drag racing purposes. We make ours out of a piece of aluminum I beam.

ColeTR1
    Thanks I think IÂ’m going to cut the fin down like #2. My boat on the top end is very sensitive to steering input. IÂ’m thinking with this big Fin it catches and sends the boat either left or right.
    Fiat48 is your TR1 fin about 1” in the front and 3” in the back?

smalls
    TR1, Go with #2, 1" in front and 3" in the back. As said by Hud it will not turn to good after you cut it, Think wide turns,,,,,,

BGMAN203
    My boat has got a #2, turns like shit, but with a little down (actually alot of down) it will make a corner ok.

SANGER-RICH
    Im not sure which mine has but when I get back from going #1 or #2 or #3 I'll check

SANGER-RICH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast