Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out Drive reccomendations

Boozer
    Okay so I'm looking at a Marine Assault Whippled motor. Infomaniac was saying it produces something like 1200 HP.
    What kind of drive would I need to support this power reliably. I'd like to ocassionally slam the throttle and take off. I will usually baby it but I want a drive that I can abuse when it comes time to smoke some people in the deck boat.
    Price wise I'd like to stay under 15k if possible. And that's including transom.

sofa king smooth
    Outside of a #6 there isn't one.My conquest is for sale and it has everything you are looking for and more.
    e-mail if you are interested.

502procharger
    even a #6 will break under 1200hp. you need to go to a surface drive of some sort, or be nice to a #6. jet maybe?

Boozer
    What do #6 drives run?

Havasu Hangin'
    Boozer:
    What do #6 drives run? $30K.

Boozer
    Havasu Hangin':
    Boozer:
    What do #6 drives run? $30K. Well there goes the 15k budget frown

RebarBox
    I spoke with the guy who owns: www.jtmperformancemarine.com . He's running 1200 HP throught the 'Stern Powr' drives he sells. Very old drives - Military runs alot of them. I have the old drives on my 74' Cigarette and I would guess their original and still going strong (but I'm not running near the HP your talking niether). They are big and probobly suck alot more HP than the #6's but - they would probobly be well within your price range.
    Be forwared - company that made them went out of business about 1 1/2 yrs ago. Parts will become limited!

502procharger
    you can get a used one for less that 15k. you can get a pair of #5S for 12k right now and have a spare. used arneson would be the way to go

playdeep
    Max Machine works in Havasu warranties thier drives up to 1200 h.p....I think a complete drive goes for around $7800.00.
    There is a guy here in New Mexico with a 1100h.p. 27ft. v-bottom running one of thier drives,the guy loves to hole shot unsuspecting cats,and last I heard the thing had held up...

Skullinator
    What about IMco's new 4X4 Drive from the looks of it should handle the power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast