Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This Normal??

SoCalHD
    Greetings all! I have been lurking for a few months now, watching and trying to learn as much as I can about a hole in the water that the wife and I can throw money into. On Sept. 2nd, we put a deposit down on a new 23ft boat. We were told it would be 8-10 weeks and we would have our boat. Well, yesterday was the 13 week mark, and they have not even cleaned up the mold for my boat!!! I keep getting a different story each time I go down there to look. I am so pissed right now that I don't know what I should do. I now know why some suggest to skip the hassles of buying a new boat, and get a used one that is DONE!! What does anyone else think???

Sleek-Jet
    Anyone we know (manufacturer) ??
    Some people have had success by posting the name of the manufacturer here on the board.
    Then just be a total pain in the ass untill you get your boat.

SoCalHD
    Caliber 1

hboldno7
    Yeah, who is the manufacturer ?

hboldno7
    Originally posted by SoCalHD
    Caliber 1
    Somebody else Had a really tough time with them also, I cant remember but ill see if I can find the thread

BADBLOWN572
    I am not surprised.

Steamin' Rice
    Can you still get your money back? Hopefully you haven't already signed for a loan on a boat that hasn't even been built yet.....

rivercrazy
    If you put a deposit down, I'd recommend personally visiting them ASAP and demanding your money back immediately.
    If your not getting the service you deserve, take your business to someone else. There are plenty of great SoCal custom boat manufacturers out there.
    Go down and look at Shockwave (ask for Barry, Danny, or Bob), Essex, Howard, Lavey, and a few others. You will get treated right.
    You might also contact Whipped Caliber here on the boards. He as a real nice 23 Caliber for sale right now. And it hauls the mail!

bear down
    What kind of deposit did you put down? If it's the normal 1k down and nothing more then I would just walk away from the deal and take it as a loss and go to another manufacturer that can probably get your boat done in 6 weeks considering it's the winter time. With the stage of your boat it will take a minimum of 2 weeks to get it completed if they go balls out on your boat other than that it'll be more than 3 weeks I think. If you have signed the paperwork and had it financed/funded already or put more than the 1k then there is nothing much you can do than just to be persistent. Good Luck and don't give up. Maybe if you complain enough or barter with them they can give you some good upgrades in return for the late delivery of the boat since they can still add them. It's winter, it's cold, try it and maybe you'll score!.

Dribble
    Hey SocalHD PM me with your Email or telephone #. I may be able to help you out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast