Thread: SPAM: mid-engine Sandrail all rebuilt

H20 Party Starter
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2446232969
    Turnkey, NEEDS NOTHING! Ready for the dunes or desert! Just fully re-built in last 2 months from the frame up with all the best parts. (I have pics from the bare frame to finished product and every step in-between) New chromed 1915cc VW w/ built heads, duel weber carbs, straight-cut gears, duel-springed, duel relief, 120cam. Aircraft-style oil cooler w/ remote filter Motor starts quick at the turn of a key and purrs/roars through new chrome mid-engine drag pipes w/ 4into1 stinger cone tip. 100% New Rear suspension: New $500+ Carrera polished and chromed coil-overs, new ladder bars w/ heim joints, and all new mounts. New chrome pedal assembly w/ hydraulic clutch, Tranny just serviced by Transworks in Santee Ca, they flipped the ring and pinion for the mid-engine application and also fabbed the lower rear shock-mounts on the axle tubes, they used all new hardware and put new axle boots on too. (4) new douglas alum rims w/ new 5rib tires front and desert-trak sand tires rear, new $400+BugPack cable shifter kit.(only way to go w/ a mid-engine rail) Carbs/motor tuned by VW's Only, The front has a brand new alum beam w/ new bushings etc. 2 seat custom wrap around interior that is velcro-in and easily re-movable for cleaning or protection. The rail has custom Aluminum center console, alum floors and inner and outer side pannels, all new brake lines including stele-braided sections at flex-points, new hydraulic clutch lines, new wheel cylinders. New steering wheel, chrome steering and tie-rods, 100% new wiring. Landing Gear Suspension (LGS) did a ton of new welding like foot rests, shock-mounts, cable mounts, battery tray, frame braces, engine cage and tranny bar fully tabbed for easy removal, thousands just invested, loosing my ass with a reserve of ONLY $5,500. Almost all brand new/can't keep MUST SELL super deal...come see/hear it and watch it run. My loss your gain, must be gone by Christmas. I have the Ca Pink slip/title/registration for the buggy, and will deliver it for the price of gas in Southern Ca. Will NOT ship.
    *****Went to the desert over Thanksgiving weekend, Rail now has 3hours of easy-break-in time on it. It’s Scary fast! The tranny is leaking from the seals behind the first axle tube plates, I took it by Vw’s only, and I now know (but don’t understand why) that vw swingaxle’s require 3-5 standard seals there on EACH side(they are just paper thin seals). This will require 2-3 hours of my time and $6-10 in sarts as soon as I get some time. Everything else is good to go

Tom Brown
    That's a good looking rail, Party Starter.
    Hey, why did you snub me in Havasu last week?

Sleek-Jet
    Just curious, is that a stock ratio tranny???

H20 Party Starter
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    That's a good looking rail, Party Starter.
    Hey, why did you snub me in Havasu last week?
    FU Brown!......way to give me a weeks notice
    ...and you came over thanksgiving weekend
    ...and my mommy would have killed me if I wasn't home for turkey day
    When I come to Canada to pick-up Kim's daughter, I'll be nice enough to drop by and say hi.........or at least give you a little notice
    Stock ratio tranny........4th gear is WAAAAAAAAY to fast to be going in a rail

JetBoatRich
    trade you for my buggies

H20 Party Starter
    Originally posted by JetBoatRich
    trade you for my buggies
    Picture the old car pearl white w/ gold rims and purple seat covers.....I'll drive it to school
    Is your Manx done Yet Rich???????????

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by H20 Party Starter
    Picture the old car pearl white w/ gold rims and purple seat covers.....I'll drive it to school
    Is your Manx done Yet Rich???????????
    No suppose to drop the body off this weekend