Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Xmas in LA

Essex502
    One piece of advice - stay away from Disneyland during the Holidays. We tried that and it sucked with all the tourists in town and locals with time off. Plus we ran into the fans, marching bands and teams playing in the Rose Bowl! Crowds were the worst I've ever seen.

Hustler
    If you really want to go to Venice than do it, stay on the board walk and check out all the shops, almost all of them stay open year round and it's alot of fun to just go look at every thing. I dont think your going to see many if any of the street perfomers but I'm sure there will be a few die hards that still need to make a buck or two. I would'nt worry about getting hassled by anyone, just go have a good time.

The Real Deal
    That was kinda the plan for Venice, just to see it and check out the shops. Is Muscle beach closer to Venice or Santa Monica Pier?

superdave013
    Originally posted by The Real Deal
    That was kinda the plan for Venice, just to see it and check out the shops. Is Muscle beach closer to Venice or Santa Monica Pier?
    Muscle beach = Venice, but Santa Monica is very close. You should rent some bikes and you can get around the beaches real easy. I myself like the south bay beach scean but that's cause I lived there for so long. But for an out of towner Venice is a must see.

superdave013
    Originally posted by Essex502
    One piece of advice - stay away from Disneyland during the Holidays. We tried that and it sucked with all the tourists in town and locals with time off. Plus we ran into the fans, marching bands and teams playing in the Rose Bowl! Crowds were the worst I've ever seen.
    lol, that is good advice but he's is a tourist and I would think that Disney is on his to do list.
    But for me, being that I live right on the other side of the freeway from there. Yes, I will go a few blocks out of my way to avoid that mess. It's worse during the holidays but it's bad all the time.

The Real Deal
    We arrive on Dec.23 evening and leave on 27th morning so we got alot to see in 3 full days. I think the plan is Dec.24 Venice, Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood, Unversal City Walk. Dec.25 California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney in the evening. Dec.26 ? maybee Santee Alley or some other shopping. Is this all possible in 3 days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345