Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did Santa bring you for the boat?

SANGER-RICH
    Dart Aluminum Heads...ordering them tomorrow at Bailey Brothers...then they are going to have their way with them. Hoping that will get my coveted two tenths. Santa was good.
    Wow very cool , I got a be-lated christmas piece for my shovelnose, a SANGER dash plac, it will look so cool on my dash, thanks to Sixgunsams dad Rick.

infotraker
    Got a rev limiter for the msd setup. Set it at 7K. Ready for CFW !!!!

BILLY.B
    Santa brought me some good luck this year. Saturday I went to see a best buddy of mine in Newport for an early breakfast. I'd been storing my flat in his building and he informed me that he would be getting rid of the building on the 3rd of January so I decided to tow it home. I wasn't prepared to do this and didn't have my boat cover with me and I hate towing it without a cover due to lookie lou's on the freeway who while looking always seem to turn in towards the boat which in turn makes me a nervous wreck. Well guess what???. While on the 55 fwy that almost happened 2 times, and I mean within inches. Then while on the 57 I got a couple of people looking on both sides when all of a sudden I look ahead and see a big rig swerve quickly leaving me too stare at 2 huge boxes within 100 yards and in my lane. Luckly the guy to my right let me in or I would of been toast. In the boxes were....NEW REFRIGERATORS. Now you can only imagine what could of happened if I would of hit them a 65 mph.

Santa brought me some good luck this year. Saturday I went to see a best buddy of mine in Newport for an early breakfast. I'd been storing my flat in his building and he informed me that he would be getting rid of the building on the 3rd of January so I decided to tow it home. I wasn't prepared to do this and didn't have my boat cover with me and I hate towing it without a cover due to lookie lou's on the freeway who while looking always seem to turn in towards the boat which in turn makes me a nervous wreck. Well guess what???. While on the 55 fwy that almost happened 2 times, and I mean within inches. Then while on the 57 I got a couple of people looking on both sides when all of a sudden I look ahead and see a big rig swerve quickly leaving me too stare at 2 huge boxes within 100 yards and in my lane. Luckly the guy to my right let me in or I would of been toast. In the boxes were....NEW REFRIGERATORS. Now you can only imagine what could of happened if I would of hit them a 65 mph.
    Damn Nick and Tony always causing problems!!

vdriver4ever
    Billy, you got to take those "GIRLS GONE WILD" stickers off the side of your boat man...

sixgunsam
    Hey Rich, thought you might like that.I told my dad to look over your boat and make sure it was a worthy piece. Well he didn't come home with my Sanger emblem, so I am glad to pay it forward to you......Thanks for the pedal.

Tools and half of the money needed for an air shifter. Decided that manually putting it in gear is a pain in the A$$ especially when it's windy!!!

Sangerboy
    eraser got me this cool vintage drag boat poster
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...11DVC00040.jpg

dmontzsta
    eraser got me this cool vintage drag boat poster
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...11DVC00040.jpg
    damn Eraser, wheres the love man?

SGettmann
    Several drag boats ride very high in the water. Are they using surface riding props? Does the motor over rev when the prop is grabbing that much air? I know when I'm into it and grab air, I get my foot out of it until the boats back in the water and the prop can hook up. Also, has anyone start using arnsen drives on a drag boat? Just a thought, though may not be a smart one. It seems that V-Drives have been traditional drag setups, but I don't see whay an arnsen drive wouldn't work.
    For Christmas - I bought my motor a new 14 quart dooley oil pan that is power coated orange to match my boat. I'm stoked. Also set my rig up with a 12' high gantry crane for pulling motors. Designed it myself, had my local welder make it up, and then had it powder coated yellow. It's sweet and does a great job lifting motors. Has wheels and a I beam roller. With a 502 Gentry Twin Turbo setup and Turbo 400 Tranny, can pick the motor up, and roll the crane back without moving the boat. pretty sweet stuff. And it's modular - so I can take it with me to the lake. (I have a few more working years before I can afford a back up motor - but someday)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast