Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifted 4x4

Kilrtoy
    We got some nice rims on there now, not stock ones., but still not what we really want. So for now we are just doing tires....
    Thanks guys for all the help.........
    does gas mileage go down and do you need to change the rear end gears. I have 4:30's

Ziggy
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    We got some nice rims on there now, not stock ones., but still not what we really want. So for now we are just doing tires....
    Thanks guys for all the help.........
    does gas mileage go down and do you need to change the rear end gears. I have 4:30's
    I managed to squeeze 35's onto mine prior to lifting...4x4 helped.
    Mileage for me has been about the same, maybe a little less around town but actually a tad better on the long freeway hauls. I have yet to get speedo recalibrated so I'm off by almost 20%, it will probably help the shifting once its calibrated too so the ECM doesn't think I'm going slower than actual speed. 4:30's should be just fine.

MagicMtnDan
    You don't need or want dual shocks except for looks they provide no value (and only cost more). You won't be jumping the truck (probably won't even take it offroad) so don't waste your time unless you want 'em for looks.
    What motor do you have in the truck? Your 4.30 gears should turn 35s OK depending on your motor but you should go larger gears if you're going to run bigger meats than 35"ers.
    My opinion: Fabtech & Explorer ProComp are OK. I like RCD best and then Rancho & SuperLift but there are many to choose from.
    SuperLift offers an 8" lift kit:
    http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/Products_01610

JetBoatRich
    MMD, nice site on parts. What does it cost on one of those lifts for labor?

Keithb87
    If you go with oversized tires you really should look into upgrading the breaks , calipers and rotors..

Kilrtoy
    We are only going with 35's
    Still need to do the brakes...........
    Thanks Dan, NO NO OFF ROADING, I dont like broken things and its only a 4X2

25Elmn8r
    Since it is a 4x2 definitely go with Fabtech! The lift I have now is fabtech and is the 3rd time I have used them. Mine is a suburban and not the F250 but SS Havabru on this board has the fabtech kit on his Excursion, the only problem he is having is keeping the front end aligned. I don't know why he is having this issue as Fabtech has been doing the twin I beam lifts forever.
    RCD also makes a nice lift too. I haven't personally put one on my trucks but have friends that have and loved it.
    I almost forgot about the gears, if you have the V10 you shouldn't have any issues with the 35's for now. I think I have read that you are looking to upsize the boat, when you do that you might consider swapping gears. Especially if you are going to tow back and forth to havasu. If you are going to store out there then it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
    So to sum it up, Fabtech or RCD would be my top 2 choices. 35's are just right on a 4x2. And the 4.30 gears will be ok for now.

BADBLOWN572
    Another company to look into is Donahoe Racing. They have done a couple of my friend's trucks and they are awesome. The ride is extremely soft and they handle great. If I was going to do a lift on mine, I would definitely consider them. They are a little more pricy, like 5-600 over Fabtec, but you get what you pay for.

CAHotRodBoy
    I have an RCD 6". Comes with Bilstein shocks. Ride is great no noticible change over stock other than a little more solid because of the Bilsteins. Installed by Chatsworth Tire, cost $1500 for kit + $500.00 install. Went from 28" to 35" tires with same 3.73 gears. The 6.0 with aluminum heads has so much power (370 ft lbs) no problem pulling the boat. I am going to switch to 4.10 or maybe 4.56 because it does want to jump between overdrive and drive alot more now. I don't drive it much except for towing the boat (2001 with only 9K miles on it) so I don't care about gas mileage.
    I think FabTech does the most with 4X2 kits. I don't know if RCD makes one or not. Check out Chats Tire, they seem to have good $$$.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...27_IMG-med.JPG

quiet riot
    The bilstein shocks are worth the extra coin. Don't bother with the dual shocks. I pieced my kit together for a 94 ford so can't really give an opinion on one brand vs another for your appl.
    jd
    Do ya really wanna do that with a 2wd though? I guess if its just for looks thats cool though.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast