Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scoops??

Greaser
    I am looking to buy me a new scoop for Christmas, and was wondering where would be the best place to get one.
    I am kinda leaning towards a Dooley short single. Any advice or comments, would be greatly appreciated
    Or if someone has one, they are looking to get rid of, let me know....

I'm running the short single. Not sure if it's a dooley or bassett (no name on it) I put it on a couple years ago and can't remember. I went with the stainless steel rather than aluminum. I really recommend the stainless. It's always shiny and doesn't require any polishing. I don't know about you, but I've got plenty of stuff to polish without adding to it. It's a real nice piece. I'm going on two seasons with it and it still looks like it did when it came out of the box. Just wipe the water spots off it when you're done for the day.

Greaser
    Where would be the best place to order one, and about how much am I looking at?

lakesmodified
    Greaser, there's someone on this BB that manufacturers scoops to order. I've seen his posts before, but unfortunately I can't remember who he is. Maybe another reader can point you in his direction. I do remember from the pictures he posted, that these were extremely nice scoops, much nicer than the Dooleys etc...
    Ivan

Greaser
    Does any one know who this is. I am very interested in getting me a cool looking scoop

Greaser, Scoop info.
    The Dooley and Bassett are the same scoop (Dooley mfgs for Bassett). We do handle the short Dooley but it's only available in alum. I'm not aware of anyone making the short one in stainless. We do make the tall stainless ones here at Rex (and also alum). If I can help let me know.
    As far as someone here making scoops I remember seeing some fiberglass ones but can't recall any alum (doesn't mean there isn't someone). And I don't remember the names either. If you decide on a custom alum or stainless design of some kind Schiada 96 would probably be a good place to start asking as I know he fabs up alot of one-off stuff and his work looks really top notch.

Greaser
    Thanks Rexone. How much is the one you carry I checked your site, and couldnt find it.

Rexone
    So you guys don't sell this one?
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/Untitled.jpg
    I thought that's where I bought it from.
    Wow, look at all the reflections. Fat photographers belt buckle, red tool box sitting on an a spare engine block, nozzle gasket hangin on the brick wall, exhaust gasket and rocker cover gasket for a BBF hangin next to that. Man, it's like a panoramic view of my garage.
    Gotta love the stainless.

Greaser
    That is a good looking scoop

Bense468
    Sangster makes fiberglass ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast