Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Northern CA, OR & WA bench racing

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by hulshot
    more cubic inches. and a quad 14:71 setup. Hey I have two, MAYBE......
    Dont want to change the cu in yet ! maybe next year but do want to lower my static compression,will have to modify the eng lid for the Quad ,Pfaff uses both blowers with good results and so many others I talked too! The Quad seems to be more driver friendly and the kit is complete not like the PSI. Will be on the phone today to figure it out !!!! I really like the DCB 29 and the Eliminator 30 and the new deck on the Elim 28 looks great also.
    I left a lot of fingerprints at the boat show !!!!

Rock-it man
    Ok !!!!! Its finally settled and the new Blower is on its way !!!!!and im not afraid to tell ya all ,not like someone else we all know on the board !!!!!! IT The QUAD, i have to order new Carrilo rods today as I want a lower static compression between 7-7.5 then run 20 lbs boost on 116 fuel ,hows that for some ponies !!! may change the cam a little also .that should make AWU take note !!!!! or set him back in his seat !!Theres some new Dart 18 deg heads coming out that replaces the Big M and am looking at those also !!! Only 88 more days to Havasu !!!!!!!! better hurry up ya all !!! especially you AWP !!

RACER52
    RIM= congrats on the decision. That combo should make a shit load of power. Carb or EFI???
    I also went with 7.5:1 for the larger boost capabilities when I want to run the good gas. Also went with the DART heads also. You couldnt shave enough off the pistons to lower your c.r .5??? I thought you were at 8.3:1
    You should be happy with the set-up. It comes very complete, the only thing you have to make or buy is a throttle cable adapter.
    Racer

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RACER52
    RIM= congrats on the decision. That combo should make a shit load of power. Carb or EFI???
    I also went with 7.5:1 for the larger boost capabilities when I want to run the good gas. Also went with the DART heads also. You couldnt shave enough off the pistons to lower your c.r .5??? I thought you were at 8.3:1
    You should be happy with the set-up. It comes very complete, the only thing you have to make or buy is a throttle cable adapter.
    Racer
    After talking with Dustin more today im leaving the static compression at 8.3.I always run 100 or better fuel anyway so not concerned with pump 91-92 gas ,that way at 20 lbs there will be a PILE of HP, way more than I need to take care of all you guys !!! Think ill use the Brodex bb2x I have now as when I called Dart today the new 18 deg heads are not shipping for a couple months yet and cant wait that long and besides ill have power to spare anyway ,I may or may not dry sump it as it takes a lot of time, 30-40 more hp from the drysump probably wont make a differance anyway. This will be a carb set up I hate FI seems there too many problems on big cu in motors and takes foreber to get it right,and carbs I can work on !!! Will have to modify the eng lid though .I talked to J&E about custom pistons but to loose a whloe point didnt make since, so will stick to what I have now.
    Keep at it Havasu is only 88 days away !!!!!!

RACER52
    RIM=the engine hatch is gonna have a huge hole in it. I'll be cutting the hole in mine tonight. Once the hatch fits the motor is coming out and going to the Pleasanton boat show in the Gator Marine booth. Last night the guys brought in two new boats made by Domin8tor. Damn these boats are built nice. the 28 cat has a full cabin(stabin)
    Everyone should check these out at the show.
    Racer

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RACER52
    RIM=the engine hatch is gonna have a huge hole in it. I'll be cutting the hole in mine tonight. Once the hatch fits the motor is coming out and going to the Pleasanton boat show in the Gator Marine booth. Last night the guys brought in two new boats made by Domin8tor. Damn these boats are built nice. the 28 cat has a full cabin(stabin)
    Everyone should check these out at the show.
    Racer
    Im told Eliminator already has a scoop for the Whipple setup and am checking it out as they have several done allready. When are you going to be at the Pleasanton boat show. Im going down but dont know which day yet . Got my motor all torn down last night and all looks good from last years use,the Whipple kit will be here next week as there polishing it now ,had them make all the pullys purple and got a full set of pullys for all boost levals.
    Just want it pumped up for the speed run and calm it down a little for everyday use. Ill check out your motor at the show in case I see something I can use !!! hehehe !!!! Dam !!!! im getting excited with all these shows and getting to work on the motor !!!!!! Havasu here we come !!!!!!!!!

RACER52
    RIM=glas to hear the motor is in good shape. That would be sweet to buy a ready fit scoop. After last night I've been thinking I should make a mold and sell these damn things. I had to quarter my hatch and start laying fiberglass. It will look good though. The final fit will have the scoop sitting only 1" higher than the back of the seats. Just enough to grab a little air.
    I will be in and out of the show alot. Definatley will spend Sunday there, and late in the day Sat.
    Racer

hulshot
    I received a catalog in the mail last night and may order a couple of items in it. should be good for some extra ponies. and no it is not a whipple set up.
    Rockit let us know how the whipple set up works. I am curious to see how only 100 octane works with 20lbs of boost with a final compression of around 17.0+ :1. maybe 118octane with 25degree timing may work.
    How was the LA show. what was there, and what new boats are out. lets see some pics.
    Ken Call me about the Blower and I will make you a good deal.
    Robbie Racer any word on the rotors?

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by hulshot
    I received a catalog in the mail last night and may order a couple of items in it. should be good for some extra ponies. and no it is not a whipple set up.
    Rockit let us know how the whipple set up works. I am curious to see how only 100 octane works with 20lbs of boost with a final compression of around 17.0+ :1. maybe 118octane with 25degree timing may work.
    How was the LA show. what was there, and what new boats are out. lets see some pics.
    Ken Call me about the Blower and I will make you a good deal.
    Robbie Racer any word on the rotors?
    Didnt intend on 20 lbs boost with 100.the 100 is for cruising and playing with 5-7 lbs boost .Will use 114-116 for the 20 lbs at maybe 34-36 deg just for the speed runs . I was refering to using 100 all the time as im not going to change the compression at this time
    Ya !!!! on the boltons what I read you could get an extra 200 ponies with just those blotons !!!! hehehe !!!!

HP350SC
    [QUOTE
    Racer52- Finally noticed your e-mail...boat looks cool!! Now I'm low man on the scrotum pole again with my P.O.S.!! j/k.
    Rock-it man- Your shirt matches the color on that 30' Daytona perfectly! Did you mow down that church yet? Seriously though had a great time hangin out with you and Dennis. I felt the Eliminators looked just as good as the DCB for a lot less money. Yeah the DCB has bitchin' hardware and stereo installations but one minor thing that bugs me is the logo where it says F26, F34 etc. Looks cheesy to me, like a car dealer sticks on the trunk. To my eye the 28' Daytona at the show nailed it.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425