Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carmichael out for the season

Dribble
    Looks like the makings for an interesting Supercross season.
    November 28, 2003
    Honda press release
    American Honda announced today that Ricky Carmichael, defending AMA 250 Supercross and AMA 250 Motocross Champion sustained a knee injury while pre-season testing for the 2004 season.
    Carmichael was examined by his doctor earlier today with the results showing a torn ACL knee ligament. The injury will require surgery with an estimated recovery time of 4 months.
    "Ricky and the team were prepared and looking forward to defending the Supercross title", said Honda Race Team Manager, Chuck Miller, "Now Ricky is anxious to get the surgery taken care of so he can start his training for the motocross series."

Tom Slick
    That's old news. Reed is also currently sitting on the side lines with a shoulder injury. He had surgery early last week and hopes to be back in time for Anaheim 1.

Havasu47
    It may be old news but it still is news and news not everyone may know.
    As far as it being an interesting season here is my .02. Reed and Carmichael would have put on a great show. Everyone has their favorite but either one could have won. Carnichael out makes it less exciting and I think will make it an all Reed show.
    Is Stewart moving up to 250? That certainly would bring some more excitement to the 250 class.
    Just my .02.

jackpunx
    I want to see some of those 250 champs move to the thumpers

Dribble
    I read in Racer X that Stewart is staying in the 125 class and will be on a KX250F. Now that Carmicaheal and Reed are out, who knows. I wanted to see him move up the the 250 class this year

Havasu47
    Reed is supposed to be ready by the first Anaheim race as slick said. I think it would be a waste for Stewart to stay in the 125 class. I looked forward to watching Stewart on the big bikes.

hboldno7
    With Ricky and reed out of his way, nobody will touch windham this year. He will be riding the 450. Should be interesting

Caribbean Jet
    For all of you that drive the 15 Fwy, he was hurt on the track off of the freeway just before you hit Toms Farms. I think that the Exit is Cajalco(?) Just FYI

Tom Slick
    Who was hurt at a track off of I-15?

ratso
    Tom, that's old news...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast