Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sand Blasting Company

Hotcrusader76
    An inquiry from my good ole' ***boat network...
    Does anybody know of a company that provides sandblasting services? I have a car here that's going on a rotisserie and needs some skin work. But before I have this done I want the car shot first.
    Or...
    Does anybody own sandblasting equipment and or an area to shoot the car and is willing to earn some extra dough?
    All opinions and leads are welcome.
    ~Ty

Kindsvater Flat
    Rather than sandblasting I'm having my stude' dipped. Sand blasting only does the outside surface. I'm worried about down the road when it comes through the metel after all the money and work.

Do not sandblast sheetmetal. It will destroy it. Have the body dipped or at worst media blasted with a soft media. Sand will work harden the metal and can warp large flat panels.

Hotcrusader76
    That's what I've been reading. Since the car needs new "full" rear quarters and the floor is being completely replaced, the back tubbed, and trunk done up in sheet metal it's looking like a "chem-dip" is the way too go.
    The bottom-line is this...
    I don't want to spend good cash on a paint job only to see it bubble up 3 years later...or even sooner.
    Thanks for the insight. I think a chem-dip is what I'll look at. Hopefully I can find one in So Cal or even Texas.
    ~Ty

Jet City
    Sandblasting using plastic media may be an acceptable method, I have no experience with this, but this is the method I saw used on a car restoration show, the restoration shop they were using for the show seemed credible enough.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
    That's what I've been reading. Since the car needs new "full" rear quarters and the floor is being completely replaced, the back tubbed, and trunk done up in sheet metal it's looking like a "chem-dip" is the way too go.
    The bottom-line is this...
    I don't want to spend good cash on a paint job only to see it bubble up 3 years later...or even sooner.
    Thanks for the insight. I think a chem-dip is what I'll look at. Hopefully I can find one in So Cal or even Texas.
    ~Ty
    Ty,
    If you decide to go the media blasting route, I have the hook up in Texas. If you plan to strip the car all the way down the media blasting will be fine. I have been in on the restoration of 2 mustangs (1970 mach 1 and a 1970 boss 302) both were media blasted and came out flawless, well the boss 302 isn't quite finished.......I think the media blasting would be much cheaper also. We stripped both cars to bare metal. fenders hood core support interior the whole nine yards and I don't think there were any parts missed. the only thing left in the car was the rearend and front suspension. I highly recommend it. Drop me a line if you need more info
    Omega

Hustler
    call Abrasive Finishing Co. in Gardena and ask for mike, tell him Joe cole told you to call. they can do the media blasting for you. I have seen them do old Ferrari's to 32's and they come out awsome. one of the owners of the company builds about three cars a years. the last 32 Ford he built sold at the Barret Jackson deal for like $130,000. If it was bad for the car he would'nt do it. If you saw the article that Hot Hallet did on his trailer it's the same company. here's there number 310-323-7175

Bow Tie Omega
    Inland Powder Coating in Ontario sand blasted my boat trailer before powder coating it. When talking to the guy who helped me off-load my trailer, he said that they offer just sand blasting services also. go to www.inlandpowder.com

BTO...how much did they charge you for the pc on your trailer...i had them pc my trailer sand blast ,marine primer and coat it for 598.00 and it came out sweet!!! todd

Bow Tie Omega
    They charged me $738.00 out the door. How big is your trailer? My Trailer is 23 ft long and tandem. I get lots of compliments , they do nice work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast