Thread: Technical differences between an Edge Stealth & a Cheyenne

Tolly
    Can someone please tell me what the design differences are between these two hulls? Also what if any tend to be there handling differences and characteristics? Thanks

Unchained would have to be the guy to know this one. His last boat was a Cheyenne and his new one is an Edge.

Unchained
    Originally posted by Tolly
    Can someone please tell me what the design differences are between these two hulls? Also what if any tend to be there handling differences and characteristics? Thanks
    The Cheyenne I had was made by Jimmy Johnson and it was a real solid, good all around boat. I bashed many a big wave and it held up well. A friend has an original Cheyenne race boat and he has had some structural problems because of running it on the lake.
    The Stealth advantages over the Cheyenne are in minor dimension changes. I measured both boats extensively when I had them side by side in the garage.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C01679-med.JPG
    The Stealth is wider inside the passenger area and along side the engine which is really nice. It was tight in the Cheyenne.
    The sides are higher in the Stealth, more freeboard, but I installed a splash guard anyway.
    The bottoms of the two boats are almost identical.
    The front deck on the Stealth is like an inverted wing that is supposed to keep the front down at high speeds.
    As far as driving the Stealth feels lighter and wants to ride on top rather than bash through the waves. The Cheyenne I had wasn't a tank but it felt like it took higher speed to get on top.
    I think the two hulls I had were about the same weight.
    I ordered the Stealth from Hi - Tech and specified that I wanted a lake layup with the larger stringers and also notched stringers where the seats go.
    I always really liked the "beak" on the front of both hulls.
    If you want to give me a call try 616 813 7237
    Mark

Tolly
    Thanks unchained, that is exactly the kind of information I need to know because I am planning on having a new boat built and it is between these two right now. I will probably give you a call in the near future. Thanks again

screamdreambrad
    Originally posted by Tolly
    Can someone please tell me what the design differences are between these two hulls? Also what if any tend to be there handling differences and characteristics? Thanks tolly my boat is a 2001 tom papp racing stealth(aka edge, pre divorce ). it is in hot rod this month. red and green one on page 63 or 64. it is for sale bare hull with intake. if interested give me a call (909)522-9799. bottom blueprinted by tom. runs a hundred in the quarter using only 675 hp of the750 the motor makes. brad