Thread: BBC Oil Pan compatibility

BrendellaJet
    I found an oil pan for sale that I would like to buy. Will a BBC pan fit with a 4.25 stroker crank and a merlin block?

What pan is it? Not any old pan will work with a jet drive.You need a jetboat oil pan.
    Im sure you know this, but the hot ticket for a jet drive pan is the Dan Olsen full kickout pan.. I believe its a 14 quart.
    I saw the merlin block you bought, good choice. I bought some parts that were on that engine too. Remeber, when you do this build up, its alll the little things that end up making good power, try and find a good pan if you can.

flat broke
    Brian,
    I know for sure that a Dooley 14qt (and I would assume the 10qt) jetboat pan will clear a 4.25" stroke. The Olson pans are definitely tight. I don't have much of an idea on the pricing, but they sure do look perty.
    Chris

BrendellaJet
    Yeah, this is a jet boat pan, and it looks to have the notches in it for the stroker. Ill post a pic when I get home. Those Olsen pans are a little pricey!

78Eliminator
    Originally posted by BrendellaJet
    I found an oil pan for sale that I would like to buy. Will a BBC pan fit with a 4.25 stroker crank and a merlin block?
    I have a 14 qt. dooley if you are interested......

victorfb
    hey 78Eliminator. what does that pan fit? Gen IV, V, or VI ? and what are you asking for it?

78Eliminator
    You know, it came off an old 427 block, so I would have to say Gen IV