Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for Boat

Kahuna
    I just ordered a new Aftershock '21 skier with the 6.2 Merc. It won't be done till sometime in February. I think I got a good deal but you never know how much you can get them down on price. It has only been a few day but it is already killing me, I can't wait to take it out, I may be cold when I get it but it won't stop me. It has taken this long to get a new boat so I guess I can wait a couple months.
    I wanted to get a '25 foot Daytona but no one would insure me. I guess it is better to start with a small boat than one that will do 85 mph with a front intake for jet skies.

FastTimmy
    I think you can fit two jet skies in there....
    You need to start a thread when you take it out for the maiden voage...and start the thread before you take it out.

good luck rode in bordsmnj aftershock a few weeks ago nice ride.

jackpunx
    Nobody would insure you in a 25' boat?. Make sure your new boat does not go over 65..
    Congrats.. Its going to be like the night before xmas for 2 months

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We have a '03 Aftershock Skier with the 6.2 in it! We like ours alot.
    The waiting sucks though. We used to go hangout at the shop with them and watch ours being built.

Kahuna
    Jason, gave me a ride when Aftershock did that demo day at Lake Ellsinore. That is what got me started looking at Aftershock and the price was below everyone else. Thanks Jason you answered a lot of questions for me.

bordsmnj
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    good luck rode in bordsmnj aftershock a few weeks ago nice ride.
    thanks Jim.
    and Kahuna,i feel for yuh. the waiting sucks. we drove poor Paul nuts!

SCUBA STEVE
    Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We have a '03 Aftershock Skier with the 6.2 in it! We like ours alot.
    The waiting sucks though. We used to go hangout at the shop with them and watch ours being built.
    I know you did! I thought you guys were part owners! lol
    Good luck with the boat, Kahuna. The waiting sux but it will be done in time for the season.
    Ask them to add some matching pop up cleats in the middle of the boat by the passenger & driver. Dont know the exact term. I went through the whole season with out them, we managed but it would have been easier with them.
    http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/up...71-cleat_1.jpg
    http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/up...74-cleat_4.jpg

twistedpair
    Take some pics of the buildup process and post them here. Keeps us boat-junkies entertained, and keeps you busy during the interim!

bordsmnj
    i wonderd if that was you kuhuna! i think that makes
    4 outa the five that test drove our boat that day ended up buying one. maybe aftershock will give me a job?! i had fun that day. keep us posted - we boat in feb.
    those cleats are a good idea. i'm having some installed on mine to when i get around to taking it in.
    i got about five rollls of film from our boat being built! i think i posted all the good one's a long time ago though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast