Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Repealing AB1555

carbonmarine
    Okay guys its possible.......!!!!!
    We need signatures ( a lot ! ) and we need to get it done by March for it to be put on the ballot, voted for in Nov. and our fate or that of our hobbies decided on by us the citizens and not the BLUE WATER NETWORK .....
    I am only one person... This initiative woudl need help with FLP, Powerboat, Engine & Equipe Mfrs and have individula voluteers at events and boat ramps EVERYWHERE !
    Its up to us... some legal guidence woudl help too ???
    I am in, who wants to run with this ?
    The Statewide Ballot Initiative Handbook is currently being updated for the 2004 election cycle. Some sections of the handbook have changed. Please contact the Secretary of State's Initiative Coordinator at (916) 657-2166 for more information.
    The current initiative signature requirements are as follows:
    Initiative Statute: 373,816
    Constitutional Amendment: 598,105
    For updated Suggested Deadlines to Qualify Initiatives for the March 2, 2004, Primary and November 2, 2004, General Elections, click here.

carbonmarine
    12 looks & nobody says a word...... We'll I think we deserve what were getting then in this case.....
    Rick32/ carbon

hurleyr
    I'm in! Not sure what the process is though. I think we would need to make it real easy to sign up. How hard would it be to set up a web site with the petition forms, ect...?
    Hurley

carbonmarine
    need someone that has talent for a web site to down laod the petion , sign it amd mail it.... we can use my office as HQ. We need a lawyer/ consul to read the final thing and we need a or the local Repubilcan to advise us.... that woudl be easy part.... Inland Empire & OC Repubicans would take it on and get it passed.....
    Need organizational help & member meeting ..... like a group ... Needs to backed up by OP6C crowd ! ..... needs presss too !
    Rick32

hurleyr
    How many signitures would we need?

BoatFloating
    I'm in. But you need alot more than just a web site to download a petition. You need a legal person to word the petition so it cn go to the Sec of State of CA and have him certify it and then you can start the petition. There are all kind of laws covering petition and printing off web site. I think if it's a Constitutional Amendment you can't download a petition it must be a hard copy. Keep in mind that if you do get it on the ballot that it goes to a vote then the fun begins. Then it's time for money to have comercials to get word out there. It's not as easy as we think. But I'll sign and do what I can.

carbonmarine
    Initiative Statute: 373,816
    Constitutional Amendment: 598,105
    We need help, yes.
    I feel we can get that through our elected offcials office.....
    Rick32/Carbon

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    We need help, yes.
    I feel we can get that through our elected offcials office.....
    Rick32/Carbon
    I'm not sure if your elected official will help since they are the ones who put this into effect. If you can find someone that will help that didn't support it and chances are they will be Republican. It was a Democrat who started this bill and a Democrat Govenor who signed it into law.

Essex502
    Here's the problem with repealing this law folks...as I see it...
    Okay, I'll sign the petition in a second but...who's gonna' raise the MILLIONS of dollars to advertise the measure on television and radio and the newsmedia? Us...no 'ef'ing way. The Bluewater Network (probably a lot of "blue-hairs" as well) are well funded and without corporate sponsers we don't have a bloody chance. Besides, noise laws have been on the books for ages. This law really only changes the methodology of the testing to make it more repeatable. If the Marine Manufacturers couldn't derail it do you think we will?
    Secure some corporate funding or you're just "tilting with windmills"!

STV_Keith
    Can out-of-state people sign too? If so, I'm in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast