Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Cooool Find!!

Rattle Can Lou
    My Dad gets a call the other day from a freind here in town and asks if he would help a lady out. She is a widow and has "two of those boats that the motors stick way up in the back. My Dad says "sure I'll get my boy and we'll go look at them". He calls me and we make an appt. the next day to go meet a guy at a shop. The ironic part is the building is less then 500 yards from my body shop. This guy says that he knew the dead guy and that the widow doesnt want the kids to have anything to do with these boats. The guy unlocks this door and it's so fricken dark I can't see. There are cobwebs all over and the place gave me the creeps. As the doors swung open and the light started to come in......Well I'll be damned, it's a Cole TR-2. It is so dirty you cant tell what color it is...Next stop another door. He swings this one open and here is a Glen L Thunderbolt with a big block. This thing is nice. Not perfect but lotsa of good equipment...Top loader Casale angle box. Real nice aluminum gas tanks that were fabricated...The trailer is a knockout. This is a perfect starter boat for my two boys. This would aloow me to get rid of a Master Craft. Anytime you can get rid of a turd tournament boat, it is a great day in my life. So long and short of it. Made offer on both. Offer accepted. Boats picked up today...Cole TR-2 for sale and Thunderbolt may have found a new home. Well lets see. Riviera, Wickens, Cole TR2, Master Craft, Glen L Thunderbolt..Wife loves me.
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ewboats001.jpg
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ewboats002.jpg
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ewboats009.jpg
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ewboats010.jpg
    This is the Cole.

dmontzsta
    Way cool, you just never know what is out there.
    A friend of a friend just passed away. He has a house in Parker, so they took a trip there, the guy had a few boats, but in his garage in Parker...21' Eliminator Daytona the boat is so clean, it only has 60 original hours on it. It has just been sitting with the cover on it.

wsuwrhr
    the widow doesnt want the kids to have anything to do with these boats.
    Bitch
    Sounds like she just tolerated her husbands hobby.
    Brian

Wildchild80
    How much are you asking for the Cole I think I need a drag boat

DaveA
    ....snippity-snip....So long and short of it. Made offer on both. Offer accepted. Boats picked up today...Cole TR-2 for sale and Thunderbolt may have found a new home. Well lets see. Riviera, Wickens, Cole TR2, Master Craft, Glen L Thunderbolt..Wife loves me.
    And I hate you. :yuk:........... j/k
    The only thing folks call me to ask about is if I'd be interested in some old 14' rotten fiberglass piece of crap with a ragged out corroded 35 horse Wizard or something that's been sitting outside under the pine trees for thirty years.:cry:
    You lucky suckers........
    In North Carolina, 'flatbottom' means 'jon boat'. 'Big engine sitting in the back' means jet boat. 'V-drive' is what's in a cabin cruiser. You get blank stares when you mention 'Cavitation plates'.

vdriver4ever
    The Glen L is in my garage tonight! Its a cool boat. The Cole is semi cleaned up and already ran with water....
    Its always a great day when you can find treasures like these

Dave Sammons
    Way to go Boys!!!

GofastRacer
    Congrats on the new toy!..

olbiezer
    nice find..when u get em cleaned up post a few pics.......there must have been 10 years of dust on them...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast