Thread: Stero Systems in 18-19ft Jets

FoMoCo
    Can someone post some pics so i can get an idea of what to do. i currently made a metal mounting plate for my CD player that bolts to my steering system. It looks pretty good, I aslo istalled a bulkhead in my boat that I mounted 2 Marine Pioneer speakers in that running to an old Punch 100 amp. sounds pretty good bu T want to add a 12 somewhere. Any Ideas? http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...389stero_2.jpg
    and
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...389stero_1.jpg

thats pretty much what i invested into my boat but i cant wire so mine sounds like shit and even looks shittier!!

Bense468
    No need for stereo's. Just throw a big nasty blown injected alky motor in it.

FoMoCo
    The boat already sounds bad enough with a 11:!1 460 with a good size Solid Roller, plus it turns 86mph, but if I just drive it around all day i will run outa gas pretty fast so having a good stero saves the wasting gas part, I can just sit and enjoy the sun/scenary.

Bense468
    So throw a bad ass stereo in it and have a boat that sounds bad ass and now runs 80 but has some good tunes. I hear ya.

jstwkd
    I mounted two amps under the deck behind the gauges. I used a piece of 3/4 in pliewood carpeted it and mounted it with angle alum. and wood screws . Had to use pretty short ones in the back of the dash board but worked out good. Hid all the wires under the dash. The deck I bought a marine housing and mounted to the floor (less vibration from the bass) Two 10 subs up under the bow. Mounted to the stringers. Drilled small holes and ran the wire thru the wall . Cut 6x9 holes in the wal as far away from my feet as possible. Bought a pair of good 6x9 ran 150 watts to each and 400 watts at 4 ohm mono to the subs. Very loud could of used a little noise behind me but Never really sat in the boat while running system.
    Oh ya the extra wait under the bow and the extra batt. in the back made no diff in top speed .

LVjetboy
    A bad ass stereo with speed not impossible. In my opinion, a stereo moves your boat more towards lake boat status. Could be a good thing, unless of course you don't enjoy music in the cove.
    Fomoco, I'd post pics, but I think you've already seen mine.
    jer

Danhercules
    Carefull with juice. You run too many tunes for too long, ya wont be able to crank over the 11:1. You will be towed back and nothing broke. LOL
    I have a powerfull deck and two speakers in the bulkhead, its sounds like a lot bigger speakers cause the front is hollow. No more foam. Sounds like I got a 10 in it.
    I like mine, cause I can play it for 10 hrs and still start the boat. You cannot hear mine 50' away from my boat, but thats too far from the ice chest anyway!!