Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: anybody tow with a hummer

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ew_jpg-med.jpg
    or you could get one of these!!! '04 Dodge ram srt-10. 500hp 525tq. 6 speed tranny. 4.10 rear end. oh yeah and GAS powered. v-10 viper engine. I bet this one will pull, and haul ass too. 0-60 in 5.2 top speed 150+ mph. not bad for a pickup truck. Just throwing some options out there.
    Omega

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ew_jpg-med.jpg
    or you could get one of these!!! '04 Dodge ram srt-10. 500hp 525tq. 6 speed tranny. 4.10 rear end. oh yeah and GAS powered. v-10 viper engine. I bet this one will pull, and haul ass too. 0-60 in 5.2 top speed 150+ mph. not bad for a pickup truck. Just throwing some options out there.
    Omega
    I'll be willing to bet that this truck will not be set up to tow much of anything. Sure it has the power and torque but it's not a towing machine like a diesel or even other trucks set up for pulling big loads

Larry Nebb
    Those H2's are just a Tahoe frame with a big ugly box put on it.
    Sorry but I just don't get the H2's.
    They look like a Brinks truck I think.

roln 20s
    What?! You're telling me you can get a diesel Suburban from Chevy?! That's the first I've ever heard of that. You sure you're not talking about customized Subs with diesels jammed in them?
    Yep, you can, but only in the 2500 3/4 ton series. I didn't know they offer them in the Tahoes, but I its true, you can get one in a Suburban. But if price is of importance, you can get a HD 2500 with the Diesel cheaper if I'm not mistaken.
    Roln 20s

Havasu Cig
    I just ordered a new chevy 2500 HD with the Duramax a few weeks ago. I inquired about a diesel Suburban and they said you COULD NOT get it.

Havasu Cig
    BTW: The picture above with the H-2 is towing Dragon's new V. It has a very light lay up, which still probably exceeds the H-2's rating, so I don't know if that is a good example.

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    Yep, you can, but only in the 2500 3/4 ton series. I didn't know they offer them in the Tahoes, but I its true, you can get one in a Suburban. But if price is of importance, you can get a HD 2500 with the Diesel cheaper if I'm not mistaken.
    Roln 20s
    Roln, your not wrong too often but you are way wrong here. G.M. doesn't make a Diesel Suburban in the newer 1998 > body style and that goes for Tahoe's also. The reason being the size of the Alison tranny and it will require a new body style for the Burb's and that won't be for a couple years. There might be someone out there doing it aftermarket but I don't no who.
    The Excursion = extint in 04' The tranny on the Ford's have always been the weak link.

Havasu Cig
    I was told by Ford last month that the plan to stop making the Excursion in 04 has been put on hold.
    I would not buy one, but they will still be available.

PerfectionDtail
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    Roln, your not wrong too often but you are way wrong here. G.M. doesn't make a Diesel Suburban in the newer 1998 > body style and that goes for Tahoe's also. The reason being the size of the Alison tranny and it will require a new body style for the Burb's and that won't be for a couple years. There might be someone out there doing it aftermarket but I don't no who.
    The Excursion = extint in 04' The tranny on the Ford's have always been the weak link.
    It has been reported that the Surburban will be available with a diesel next year.
    I have heard from little birds at a stretch of asphalt in the middle of the desert ouside Phoenix that the H2 will have a Diesel a year after the Burbs get it.
    2006 H2 Diesel probably available in mid 2005.

PerfectionDtail

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast