Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 129 mph elim. daytona on ebay.

Bense468
    290lbs in a 19
    Whats with the paint on the garage walls.
    Nice boat though if somone was looking to go racing.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That is one "CLEAN" ass boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I should sell my lexus and buy it wait...... my girl would kill me 396

Id rather have that daytona than a lexus anyday . No offence 396.
    I agree bense, its pretty light.if its really 290 lbs like hes claiming. I would think thats due to the kevlar.
    I showed my girlfriend a pic, she said the same thing "whats with that garage?" she said it looked like the inside of one of those inflatable bouncing rooms for kids.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by cs19
    ... if really 290 lbs like hes claiming. I would think thats due to the kevlar.
    To be exact,Kevlar in a lay-up more-so increases strength and rigidity than lightness; the actual approach to the lay-up itself is where the majority of the lightness comes. In fact, the increased strength of Kevlar (over fiberglass) is what allows for pushing the envelope of a "lighter lay-up."
    LO

78Eliminator
    That boat is 26K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** that!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't one of you buy my Eliminator Daytona hull? I am selling it for $7500 or best offer. Make me an offer! Low ball the hell out of me! I will take 5k cash, right now. I need it bad!!! It also has the light lay up. I am sure you could add a motor and blueprint the jet for WAY less that what this guy is asking, and with the money, I can finish my kitchen remodel so my girlfriend doesn't leave me!!!!

Originally posted by LakesOnly
    To be exact,Kevlar in a lay-up more-so increases strength and rigidity than lightness; the actual approach to the lay-up itself is where the majority of the lightness comes. In fact, the increased strength of Kevlar (over fiberglass) is what allows for pushing the envelope of a "lighter lay-up."
    LO
    Im no expert but I always assumed the idea behind using kevlar, carbonfiber or whatever else was so you could use less material to layup the boat since its stronger.I understand that kevlar and resin is not lighter than fiberglass cloth and resin,but if you use 20% less material with the trick stuff(kevlar, etc.) than the traditional stuff(fiberglass and cloth?) your boat is that much lighter and possibly the same strength or even stronger since its kevlar.
    I personally would not get a light weight that wasnt made with some sort of special lay up.My boat is fairly light, and its a special order lay-up,has some kevlar as well.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by cs19
    [B]Id rather have that daytona than a lexus anyday . No offence 396.
    There is only 1 seat....... she would definately kick my ass She definately wouldnt be riding with me

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by cs19
    Im no expert but I always assumed the idea behind using kevlar, carbonfiber or whatever else was so you could use less material to layup the boat since its stronger.
    Right...that is what I meant to clarify in my has post where I stated, 'In fact, the increased strength of Kevlar (over fiberglass) is what allows for pushing the envelope of a 'lighter lay-up.'" Also, don't confuse Kevlar with Carbon Fiber as they are entirely different materials. Kevlar is a cousin of Nylon and has significant strength/lightness improvements over fiberglass. Carbon fiber is leaps and bounds lighter and stronger over Kevlar.
    LO

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    That boat is 26K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** that!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't one of you buy my Eliminator Daytona hull? I am selling it for $7500 or best offer. Make me an offer! Low ball the hell out of me! I will take 5k cash, right now.
    PM me with a pictures and lots of details...
    LO

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast