Thread: Hey Havasu Hangin! VP 290

mirvin
    I have extreme ebay rage!!!! I was all set to get that pump and wiring for my 290 and some dork snuck in with 20 seconds left on the auction and out bid me!!
    I never realized how angry that stuff will make you!! I was pissed. That package went for $360.00!!! Not to mention I had to get up at 6:00am to monitor the last hour of the auction.
    Oh well, guess I'll have to call Grant now. My local shop said they can get me the new pump for $380.00.
    Thanks again for helping me out with this stuff.
    Marcus

Havasu Hangin'
    Well...if it makes you feel any better, $360 may be a little high for what you need. Although the new wiring is nice, I'll bet yours is OK...so you really probably just need the pump.
    For $20 extra...you get a warranty now.
    Did that make you feel better? I was really working at it...

mirvin
    I don't know what it is with the ebay but it makes you crazy. I went into it with the attitude that I didn't care if I won because I knew I didn't need the wiring and the next thing you know I'm freeking out and trying to outbid everybody!!
    No worries. I'll start with the pump and if my guage still blinks out I'll go through the controll and see if I can find a short and replace the wiring if I need to.
    Did you make it down to see Grant last week?
    Mirvin

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by mirvin
    ...and the next thing you know I'm freeking out and trying to outbid everybody!!
    I hear ya...that's kinda how my boating resoration evolved...
    ...if my guage still blinks out I'll go through the controll and see if I can find a short and replace the wiring if I need to.
    You may just have a bad ground. I think the ground on that whole wiring harness is tied together all the way back to the outdrive. If it still cuts out, try running a "jump wire" for the ground on the gauge- if it stops...you found it.
    If not, try a jumper power wire.
    Did you make it down to see Grant last week?
    Nope...been sick. He sold some stuff for me on Ebay, so I gotta go down there sometime next week.

mirvin
    Thanks HH. I still got a 12'er with your name on it. The way interest accrues it might be a case by the time you get it!! Maybe next summer?
    Marcus

78Eliminator
    Mirv!!?? I have a BG for sale!

mirvin
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    Mirv!!?? I have a BG for sale!
    What's a "BG"? In my line of work "BG" means "background". Is that what you have for me?
    Mirv

twistedpair
    Mirvin, you have just been a victim of a 'Bid Sniper'. There are programs available that will watch your bids for you, and put in a last second bid automatically if you are losing. Do an 'Ask Jeeves' search for "Bidding tool programs, ebay", you will find lots of options. That's probably how the winning bidder beat you.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by twistedpair
    Mirvin, you have just been a victim of a 'Bid Sniper'. There are programs available that will watch your bids for you, and put in a last second bid automatically if you are losing. Do an 'Ask Jeeves' search for "Bidding tool programs, ebay", you will find lots of options. That's probably how the winning bidder beat you.
    Bid sniping pisses me off!!!!!!!!!

mirvin
    Yes, I understand. "Bid sniping" huh? This makes me uncontrollably angry.
    punks!
    Mirv