Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw Europe

JakeAisA
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031210/D7VBJS3O0.html
    If you didnÂ’t send troops to Iraq to end the tryrrany and defeat the threat of Saddam Hussein, what makes you think you have the right to enjoy direct rewards of the fighting? France, Germany and Russia opposed this war and they told the IraqiÂ’s that the rape, the murder, the torture and the genocide didnÂ’t matter. America was willing to go to war without WMDÂ’s there; these countries didnÂ’t think WMDÂ’s was enough reason. But now they want to make money by getting in on the rebuilding of Iraq that was paid for by the blood, sweat and lives of American and British soldiers and the Iraqi people? Give me a break. IÂ’m glad Bush is sticking it to them. The amazing part is that these countries are probably surprised Bush told them the shove it! They probably think this is unreasonable! The Europeans are completely worthless save the British.

Blown 472
    coming from Jakeasia???

Essex502
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Now I'm not really up to date on foreign policy etc...
    But I was under the impression that we went to war with IRAQ becuase they had WMD's that were a direct threat to the United States? Then after the fact we never really found any?
    I was also under the impression that the rest of the world was saying that WMD's are enough reason to goto war, but they wanted another 60 days for the UN inspectors to look around? We went to war without giving them that time which is why France, Germany & Russia opposed the war.. ???
    Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in any of that.. Like I said before I'm not really super up to date on all that's going on.
    RD
    RD - I think those frog leg eating, Rhine wine drinking, pinko a$$holes would have found some other reason had the 60 more days been given. Those countries were already in bed with the "Sad-am" regime and weren't gonna' futz that up. Just in case he stuck around.
    I haven't had a bottle of French wine since though I still own and drive my German car. F&ck Russia as they've got nothing I'd want.

v-drive
    Yeah to what Essex502 said. A little country like Denmark has the balls but France doesn't. I really like French food to but I will never eat it again. I won't buy the German car I wanted either.
    V proud to be an american-drive

gnarley
    This Iraq thing is a mess! Bush has foreign policy & no plans on how to improve our home situation. Lets keep paying more to rebuild Iraq & keep sending our troops over and hear about them dieing every night on the news.....YEah right I know if we leave they win but is it worth the lives of any of our men or women over there?
    I hate to say it our Administration are a bunch of Hypocrites! They want other nations to help police Iraq now that it is deadlier than it was during the war but they don't want to let them in on the rebuilding? If we want help in the policing then we should also allow bidding from those countries that we now want to help from over there. In my gut I don't think any other country should benefit from our losses but you can't have it both ways can you?
    I think we should get the hell out of there ASAP & stop spending BILLIONS of dollars on that F*CKING piece of desert. If the IraqiÂ’s don't want to play fair then lock them out of Global trade and see if they can survive off bread & oil and make sure they can't sell it till they are ready to trade then warn any bordering countries that if they trade they will also be isolated. If they don't like that maybe we should just make it so they live in a glass ashtray.

HM
    RD - I think what Jake was reffering to is that the U.S. did not use WMD(nukes) in the war with Iraq. We had the option to kill 'em all and let god (Ala) sort them all out.

Blown 472
    Gnarly Amen my brutha.

JakeAisA
    Look, we send soldiers to fight in foreign lands so American civilians won't be attacked here. It's real simple. Soldiers fight and they die, that's war. War is necessary when evil exists in the world--if we don't hit them on their turf, they'll bring it to us. The world is a small place these days and I'd rather have American soldiers fighting our wars over having 18 year old secretaries forced to jump from 100 story burning buildings attacked by terrorists.
    Iraq did have WMD's and the UN wanted wanted another 60 days on top of the 12 years they gave Saddam. That 60 days would have been followed by another 60 days and then another and another. We know they had WMD's becuase Saddam has used them before on Iran and his own people. War was iminent in early 2002 and Saddam had a whole year to hide a couple of truck loads of equipment and weapons, thanks to the UN's demand for more time.
    Saddam would have still been in power if he had destroyed those weapons. It was a foregone conclusion, in the opinion of the UN itself, that he possesed WMD's; why would he go and destroy them without telling anybody or documenting it? The only answer is that he didn't destroy the programs, he hid it or sold it--he had all the time in the world to do it.

Blown 472
    You watch CNN?

Infomaniac
    It is unfortunate that our sons and daughters are over there. But as mentioned, we take the fight to the terrorists on their land so we do not have to fight them on our land. And some day that will happen if they are not dealt with ASAP. Sadam is in on terrorism
    Did you read this certificate sent to me by my daughter? Along with the flag she flew over the air base?
    http://marineassault.net/flag1.JPG

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast