Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one have experience

nozzleboy
    with The Boat Brokers? I am looking at a boat there. Any info you might have I would appreciate it. Thank you.

THOR
    FYI, those places generally mark up the boat at least 10-20% of what they want out of them. I have a buddy that was selling a 25K boat, and they started asking 33K.
    Dont believe the BS about they wont break even.

nozzleboy
    Thank you THOR.

NastyOne
    Ya.... **** FORD!
    Oh wait...... diferent thread. Sorry

OutCole'd
    Originally posted by nozzleboy
    with The Boat Brokers? I am looking at a boat there. Any info you might have I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    What are you looking at?

nozzleboy
    A 19' Commander jet. Any thoughts on this boat, good or bad. I am looking for a nice clean Boobie Bouncer that I can take in shalow water that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. Enclosed engine and swim step are user friendly. Nice clean gel, no crazy colors or design.

OutCole'd
    What are they asking?

Havaparty
    See Havasu Lew at the Boat Brokers. He's a nice guy that's been doing this for a while .He'll take care of you.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by THOR
    FYI, those places generally mark up the boat at least 10-20% of what they want out of them. I have a buddy that was selling a 25K boat, and they started asking 33K.
    I agree with THOR on this. I've heard from some people that they make more then a fair profit at that place.

jbtrailerjim
    Originally posted by THOR
    I think a 10-20% mark up is more than fair. Especially if they are selling only a $20k boat. They have to have little bit of margin in the price so they can bargain with people. They also have to pay commision to the saleman that sold it. They wouldn't be in business if they only made a couple hundred bucks or broke even on every boat they sold. If I took my boat into them and put it on consignment with them I would not care how much money they made off of it as long as they got me what my bottom line asking price was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast