Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet Rebuild Kits

Ranz1
    Should i just get the kit from BerkleyJet.com (http://berkeleyjet.com/products/overhaul.asp) ? Or are ther better quality and priced kits out there? I need a complete rebuild/overhaul kit (minus impeller)("B" Partial Overhaul Kit from Berkeley)....... Anthony

Danhercules
    ME TO, ME TO!!! I am gonna do a rebuild this winter. Gotta get the ducks in line!!!!!!

Mohavekid
    I bought one from CP Performance, they own Berkeley.
    The kit was complete and seemed to be good quality parts.

Jake W
    Every pump builder and pump comp offers a rebuild kit.All diffrent prices and diffrent pices.I ended up getting one from HTP with the ultimate ware ring the kit was 230 something i think I will get out my recipt later and post the corect price.It came with a shit loat of stuff alot of it I wont even use it seems to be one of the most complete kits I found. Though I sold the Ultimate ware ring with an impellor I had.I will be using a Brass ware ring that a got a smokin deal on with a brand new Berk imp 130 for both imp and ware ring are new.
    I say shop around first compare price and components.
    Jake

Jet City
    I would give the business to one of the many pump builders that have been supportive to us rookies on this site and others, Jack, Duane, Walt, Jim and and a few others come to mind. I should add, you will not only be assured of getting the correct parts, but expert advice as well.

I'm going to be doing a rebuild as well. My parrents just gave me the boat. I've been wanting it for such a long time, so many good memories. The jet has not been rebuilt since we bought the boat from a roger way. That was like back in 90 +/- and year or 2. The jet i'm sure is in great need of a rebuild. When rebuilding the a jet this old what kind of things need to be replaced, is the rebuild difficult? can i do it my self? I have never had the jet apart before (neither has my dad i dont think). Are there any sites our there with step by step howto's on doing this job? All the info i can get would be great!

Moomawnster
    Shaun , don't be so sure about the jet needing rebuild . Mine ran 16 yrs with no trouble and didn't need work when I pulled it apart to get more speed . You may want to enjoy the boat awhile before you dissable it ! $$$$$$$ ............... Check out my photos in the members gallery for some Idea what your getting into ! ...................... Moo

Moomawnster,
    eek, Somebody told me that a rebuild on the jet should be done once a year. It's tough to tell if people really know what they are talking about. The main reason i was thinking about doing it now was because there is no motor in the boat at the moment. The boat had a 396 in it but we spun a rod bearing. My dad purchased a 454 long block for a truck he had and ended up scraping that project so now i have a 454 for it. I just figured while it was out, it'd be a good time to do that. I'll check out your pics, thanks for the info!

Foggerjet
    After reading this thread, I went out and slid under my trailer to look up through the intake, and I can see a few pretty good nicks in the leading edge of the impeller. Obviosly this will affect performance, but how much? While the motor is out should I send it off? or buy a new one? WTF?
    Thanks
    Fog

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Shaun
    ...somebody told me that a rebuild on the jet should be done once a year...
    For a lake boat, that's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard.
    There are few moving parts in jet-drives and, once correctly rebuilt, can last anywhere from one hour to twenty years. Depends on whether you suck anything up into them, HP levels and other abuse, or just normal wear and tear, etc.
    LO

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast