Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whipple on 496 HO

SecondTake
    Any one have user feedback on the whipple 496 ho kit? How does it perform, reliability, idle. Are all the whipple claims true?

carreraboat
    have 2 freinds with whipples one on a cat one on a 28 nordic both broke i would maybe wait a little bit! i think maybe try and put some hours on before you put it on maybe that will help do some reasearch. on the other side they made a hugggggeee difference in the the way they both ran

Infomaniac
    I am curious about what broke myself.

carreraboat
    valves on one pistons on the other both systems were profesionaly installed at 2 different shops in 2 different parts of the country the guys are bummed

SecondTake
    Has any one said if they think the source is the whipple or something in the engine? The 496 is less than tried and true yet from what I hear.
    I need some extra horses to get a 40 hustler up and going better. Has stock 496 ho's.

carreraboat
    That is a good question i was wandering that my self i also have a freind that has the 496 in a avlanche with a whipple and totaly beats the crap out of it been to cali numerous times pullin a jeep on a flat bed never had one lick of trouble. the guy in the cat was one of the first who put a charger on his 496 and had a bunch of hours on his so i dont know.i havent heard of problems with the procharger. I think you are do the right thing by asking a ton of questions, big investment. I see sometimes dustin whipple post on here maybe he could shed some light on the subject. I never seen anyone from procharger post on here though there are some guys running there product

Turbo666
    I have one on a 502 MAG and its been great, no problems, except one broken drive. Im now looking into a quad rotor on my 600 cube for my new cat. I've heard of nothing but nightmares with prochargers, but then again, the ones i've seen werent just a stock motor with the charger slapped on, they were all alot more 'played with'.

Whipple Charged
    To clear things up, the one with a lot of hours was running approx. 8-9psi, by no means a "stock" configuration. From what I've heard, the second setup had a fuel related problem which was diagnosed.
    Many have run the crap out of them with no problems. The Procharger is by no means more reliable, they do nothing to the ECU, run a map sensor bleed system so the stock ECU never sees the proper pressure and run the injectors way further then what they're intended for. You can't run 70-80psi in the stock injectors with any control, there wide open and can vary greatly.
    Were working on a 725+HP package that will go internally into the engine.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

playdeep
    carreraboat,
    You are so full of shit...
    For years you went around telling everyone that you were the official Whipple dealer in the state of New Mexico.
    Why not just tell the truth about your little vendetta as far as Dustin and Whipplechargers are concerned.
    It appears as if Dustin has chosen to take the high road,when he has enough ammunition to make you look very stupid...(albeit not that hard to do)

carreraboat
    Sorry playdeep as always you don,t have a clue.i never been a whipple dealer never claimed to be you might be refering to bob g. which is a whipple dist. I have no ill feelings toward dustin or whipple i think they are great products so i really dont know what you are talking about?if i thought they were such a pile why would i be building a new motor to install a quad rotor on for my own boat if i was a dealer why would i in another thread be asking where i could get the best deal on one?i think all performance parts have there own applications sometimes things just work better than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast