I have a couple of questions about a Bravo I Drive, hoping someone can help me out.
1. I have a bad Trim sensor(name?). This would be the one opposite the trim limit sensor. My guage shows trim adjust to about 1/2 way, then pegs down. It is not graceful by any means(jumps around alot). I am looking to fix this, and would like to know the best place to obtain a new one, and possibly a part # or exact name?? Also how much work is going to be involved. It looks like it may just require a solder connection and heatshrink tubing, but I have also heard it is a single wire that must be run all the way to the guage?
2. I have a very slight leak on my trim rams. Fluid is full, not dripping on the floor or anything, just see slight traces right at the seals on occasion. Is it possible to rebuild these myself? Should I remove them and have them rebuilt? Is there anything I should know before removing them?
3. I am very interested in getting a service manual for the Bravo I. Can anyone recommend any? Do you recommend going straight for Mercruiser Server manual? Any other vendors that make them like Hanes, Clymer, Chilton, etc, that you would recommend? Does anyone put out an electronic version?
I am interested in doing as much as I can myself, but there is a limit. If it requires some light to moderate wrenching, then I am all over it. Over the weekend I replaced my impeller, a service shop wanted 3 hours of labor, ended up doing it myself in under an hour. However, I don't have the desire to get in over my head. Thanks for any help and replies.
Akamatsu