Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extreme boats Magazine

Mr.Havasu
    We bought the mag last year, got 3 issues and then a card asking us to renew for another year. I figured $30.00 was too much for 3 mags. so I didn't send them anymore $. and guess what? they didn't send me anything, no mag (that I paid for) no t-shirt (that I was supposed to get with the original subscription) and no letter saying the club was disbanning.( Does that mean there will be no more heat wave poker runs? It was the club that use to put that one on).
    I hope they still do the poker runs even if I don't get any further issues of the mag.

Craig
    As of New Years Eve, Art said they are going to do the spring heatwave poker run.

DogHouse
    Originally posted by warlock25
    We bought the mag last year, got 3 issues and then a card asking us to renew for another year. I figured $30.00 was too much for 3 mags. so I didn't send them anymore $. and guess what? they didn't send me anything, no mag (that I paid for) no t-shirt (that I was supposed to get with the original subscription) and no letter saying the club was disbanning...
    Ditto.

LevoeDCB22
    When are the dates for the spring poker run

rude235
    well that doesn't sound to promising.

jdnichols
    Okay, here's it from the horse mouth
    I sent out the letter and T-shirts, the shirt to complete the member orders, finally, and the letter to let them know we will not take any more memberships until the club is reorganized and working again.
    We took a big chance in 2003 with the magazine and trying to go full time in running the state chapters and poker runs all over the west. We ran five runs last year, It was great fun and exciting, but didn't quite work as planned, but what ever does
    We are concentrating on the Arizona club and the poker run, as it's all each of us has time for. Working our real jobs takes priority! I encourage the other state chapters organizers to take the lead in their areas and run with the ball. I will help where I can, and I know Art will also. Other than that, I just want to go boating!!!
    The magazine and subscriptions have been taken over by a new publisher and if you are owed a subscription, I can help make that case for you. I turned over the entire subscription data base to the new publisher and you should still be getting your mag. The only ones who should have received the subscription notice is the free trial subscribers. Art and I have been asked to continue to contribute articles for the magazine, so you'll see us in there from time to time.
    I am sorry for the delay in member processing, anyone who signed up in 2003, their membership is good through 2004, and is good for the member discount to the Spring Heatwave Poker Run April 23, 24 2004.
    We are firming up the poker run sponsor participation this week and next, and will have the registration packages out this weekend and at the Phoenix Boat show next weekend.
    The Spring run should be better than ever! We have some new things to add to the run and I'm excited!
    As I said in the letter, a great big thank you to all who have helped us, supported us, and made it fun. More to come!
    Jim Nichols
    VP AHBA

jdnichols
    Brian, I checked the database that was through August when we turned it over, and only show you signed up for trial subscription.
    Let me know when you paid for a subscription, I'll see if I can help.
    John, same thing, I only have you down for a trial subscription. Let me know.
    Jim

extremeboatchat
    Hello from Extreme Boats Magazine:
    We are alive and well. If you have any issues or questions regarding the magazine or your subscriptions please send an email to us at:
    subscribe@extremeboatsmag.com
    and check out the details on our website: Extreme Boats Mag (http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/home.shtml)
    The current issue has a cover story on Roger Bourget and his toys. The upcoming issue features OffshoreOnly.com and the Offshore World events.
    Casey Kiernan
    Publisher, Extreme Boats Magazine

DogHouse
    Originally posted by jdnichols
    Brian, I checked the database that was through August when we turned it over, and only show you signed up for trial subscription.
    Let me know when you paid for a subscription, I'll see if I can help.
    John, same thing, I only have you down for a trial subscription. Let me know.
    Jim
    Hi Jim,
    I recently came across a receipt showing that I paid my 29 bucks... Still no mags...
    Looked a bit like this:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...xtreme-med.JPG
    Check number was 2384.

rude235
    if i remember right i also signed up for a subscription (against my wifes wishes......NOT ANOTHER DAMN BOAT MAGAZINE ). i will take another look at the checkbook just to make sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast