Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gettin a new truck.....Question is..............

clownpuncher
    Which one? It's gonna be a lease for sure (business wise it makes more sense in my case)
    I've got an 01 Ford F250 4x4 7.3 with 30,000 miles now but the lease is coming up. I have lots of equity in it and I'll probably sell to a private party
    I need 4 doors, I want it lifted, dvd with screens in both the headrests and one up front, On Star, Diesel, 4x4 alluminum wheels yada yada yada. I'm looking at both Ford (preferrably without the 6.0, unless they've fixed the bugs) and Chevy with the Duramax.
    OK, lets hear it. Which way should I go and why?
    He he....As I was writing this post I just got two calls from Ford and Chevy, here's what they said.........
    Chevy 04 can give me everything BUT the front dvd screen (they stated safety reasons) for 52,162.00
    Ford has an 04 demo with 4000 miles. No dvd yet, 8 inch fabtech and the basic goodies.........57,000.
    WTF is that?
    Anyhow, I'm still willing to soak up all you have to say, so thanks in advance
    ROC

BADBLOWN572
    Clown,
    I have an '03 F-250 crew cab 4x4 with the 6.0 in it and I have not had any problems with the truck. I have had it since April 27th, and I have 26,500 miles on the truck. On the freeway at 70mph I get 22mpg and around town I average between 17-19mpg depending on how I drive it. Right now my truck is all stock and even stock I love it. Been thinking about lifting it for a while, just have to sack up and do it. The truck can tow my boat fully loaded up Cajon pass on cruise at 75mph and not have any problems. I had an 02 GMC 4x4 with the duramax before this truck and I am glad that I switched.

LASERRAY
    GET THE CUMMINGS!

clownpuncher
    Thanks Blown
    My issues with the 6.0 aren't with the power. I know it has plenty. It's with all the other things I've heard about, injectors, leaking etc.
    Dang boy, over 26.000 in 8 months? You gotta love what you're drivin to be in it that much

Thanks for the input.

BADBLOWN572
    No worries. I havent had any problems with the engine. The turbo started to howl one time and so I took it in and they re-programed the ECU and it was done. The only other problem that I had was the brakes. I was coming back from a lake up North and when going over the Grapevine I guess the brakes got too hot and caused the pads and rotors to get messed up. Took it back in and said that I bought the truck specifically for towing and if it won't handle a simple tow up and down the grapevine, I will need another truck. They gave me new rotors and new pads without question. Since that, no problems what so ever.

JetBoatRich
    I bought the F-350 Crew Cab 4X4 dually (Lariat), 6.0PSD last August. 9,500 miles and no complaints. Lots of room and power. The only question I have is the price you wrote seems a little high.

BADBLOWN572
    Jet I have to agree with you. I got my truck which has the Lariat package, 4x4, fully loaded, out the door for under $41k. If done right, I would guess $50k fully decked out setup exactly how you want it. $9k goes a long way in aftermarket accessories.

Kilrtoy
    THOSE PRICES ARE IN PESO's RIGHT.
    I was looking at an 04 Ford 4x4 diesel crew cab with everything but the DVD and onstar for 43K. It had a tricked out front and rear end and was lifted 6".I just could not justify that type of money for something that is never driven.......

Havasu Hangin'
    I think the DVD up front is illegal (like having a TV up front)....distraction to the driver?

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    THOSE PRICES ARE IN PESO's RIGHT.
    I was looking at an 04 Ford 4x4 diesel crew cab with everything but the DVD and onstar for 43K. It had a tricked out front and rear end and was lifted 6".I just could not justify that type of money for something that is never driven.......
    Thought you said the Mrs. only drives the truck now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast