Thread: Thru Transom Exhaust

BrendellaJet
    With the new noise laws coming, I've decided against buying a new set of OT's when i put the boat back together. I surely will fail every noise test and would receive a ticket-assuming I made it to the launch ramp. Im curious to see what type of thru transom headers/manifolds are available-no logs though. What are you guys running, and what do you plan to do to comply with the new law?

sidewound
    SCREW THE LAW!
    I can be across the lake, on the trailer and in my yard by the time those BOZO's can catch me! hee heee heeee!
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

Your best bet is to stay with a separate runner center rise type manifold design for good performance (or headers like Lightning or CMI). We will have silencers relatively soon that will make any of these systems noise compliant without using HP. I cannot elaborate on silencer design or specifics quite yet.

Mopar426
    I upgraded my exhaust last year from the original below the water outlets (aluminum) to polished stainless steel above the water tru-transoms. They are extended and are angled down. I wish I could find some chrome extractor type manifolds to complement, but they don't exsist for big mopars. I was lucky to find my edelbrock logs. I'm thinking of tossing the old huge risers and fabricating a replacement. The new exhaust outlets are a foot off the waterline and have antiburn flappers, so backwash shouldn't be a problem. I never get checked for noise, the boat isn't flashy enough to draw attention, plus the cops are always chasing lake lice around.

Bow Tie Omega
    Rexone, I assume your mufflers will be in the $800.00 plus price range like everyone else?

I'm not positive but no need to assume that. That is not a target.