Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this normal

cheech
    this boat is a 18 ft. rodgers with a bbc (460) berk. pump. my question is i can put the pedal to the floor (tach to 5200) and the boat plays catch up.
    duane HTP todd said you might know. this is his boat.

MikeF
    Yea,
    That is the way it works. A jet drive is independent from the water and works by processing it rather than moving through it.

LVjetboy
    Cheech, if you want more answers, be more specific describing your view of the problem . Boat "catching up" says some, but doesn't say much.
    Catching up to what? Are you saying it's sluggish out of the hole?
    If so compared to what previous experience?
    What's your top speed and setup? Etc. The more info you provide the more likely you'll get a good answer.
    jer

DansBlown73Nordic
    Im pretty sure what he is saying is.....He is Trying to catch up to the Fast V-Drive guys......

Moomawnster
    HehHeh .... Dan, so far.... everybody who's beaten my jet was playing catch up to do it ! Note .... I said "so far" you trouble maker

Wet Dream
    Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
    Im pretty sure what he is saying is.....He is Trying to catch up to the Fast V-Drive guys......
    Who has a pic of Big Daddy's V-drive being towed in at Raystown?

cheech
    no my problem is i don't have that much time in jet boats (YET). the boat is going about 10 to 15 mph then put it to the wood (fiberglass) the motor goes to 5200 then the boat starts to accelerate (at a good rate) to about 60 mph (owners guess) two people (total 325lbs)
    and as far as the v-drive thing if i wanted to have a boat with a trans i would put my V.W. bug in the water?

DansBlown73Nordic
    Im pretty sure that picture was deleted.....

BrendellaJet
    Originally posted by cheech
    and as far as the v-drive thing if i wanted to have a boat with a trans i would put my V.W. bug in the water?
    LMAO!!!!!

Wet Dream
    Originally posted by cheech
    and as far as the v-drive thing if i wanted to have a boat with a trans i would put my V.W. bug in the water
    Now thats some funny shit.
    I think what you are describing is normal. Without knowing your pump condition, the pump "cavitates" on a launch which gives you the feeling of a slipping clutch. As the pump becomes loaded it gains effectiveness and moves water. The boat then accelerates and "hooks up".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast