Thread: Place Diverter

rsr
    Gonna put a hydraulic place diveter on the boat (73 18' Glencoe)after the first of the year. Question, looking for ideas for mounting the hydraulic switch, not sure if gonna go with simple toggle switch from place or the steering wheel switch they offer. Wondering if anyone has done something different on their ride. Like how the newer boats offer the switch built in to the steering wheel, but don't want to upgrade to that (Just put new steering cable and wheel in last summer and went with the traditional stainless 3 spoke wheel w/holes in the spokes). Any pictures would be helpful. Thanks in advance for all the input.

spectratoad
    I have the two button mounted on the wheel and like it there. Probably because that is where it was when I bought it. the only thing I don't like is the cable occasionally gets in the way with slow maneuvers while steering.

rsr
    bump

bp
    i ran the dash mounted toggle switch for several years on my old lake boat. worked very well for the application, and i was very happy with it.
    i have the steering wheel switch on my current boat, and like it much better since i can have two hands on the wheel all the time.