Thread: Oh Jungle Boy

Kindsvater Flat
    Those movies on Eagle's website are flat out bitchen!!! But how in the hell do you keep the pumps together in all those rocks? That has to be a high maintenance item.
    ps when is the next movie coming out? The dude in the white boat was insane!

Aluminum Squirt
    It's called a rock grate and it doesn't let anything in that the pump can't thow out the back. Seems to work, I've put my boat on the rocks a couple of times and its still running. A little sand is just like extrude honing the pump! Happy Holidays-Aluminum Squirt

Kindsvater Flat
    Still that grate can't keep out all rocks. It must ding the shit out of it inside there.

Jungle Boy
    I'll try to post and photo of the intake/rock grate. Like Aluminum Squirt says, it keeps the big stuff out and the rest gets spit out the nozzle. We all generally use steel impellers and they will need a little sharpening after a messy run up the river. The guy in the white boat is John Paulk, he's the dumbass I was driving with when we flipped the boat and I broke 6 ribs. He's a very good guy, just a little brain dead behind the wheel. As far as the next video, it won't be until spring unless it's a snowmobile video.

Jake W
    SLEDNECKS
    Jake

quiet riot
    Are most you guys running the 9-bar grates? Thats what I ran for years but I found they tended to have some problems at lower speeds with weeds/debree getting caught in them and causing cavitation. I opened my 9-bar up to a 5 and pretty much got rid of problems stated above. It will pass a rock once in awhile that won't go thru the pump without a little grinding. I should prob just run 2 diff grates, one for the white water and one for playing elsewhere. I don't race whitewater though, just play in it.
    Secondly, have you guys messed much with loader type grates? I've made a couple for my welded legend intake cause nobody makes one for them, but haven't found much of a diff perf wise.
    Thanks,
    jd