Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injured passengers

Kachina26
    Anyone ever have a skier fall down, get hurt, and then tag your insurance? This happened to me, longtime "friend" fell while wake boarding. I didn't pull him through the toulies or anything, he was cutting back in toward the wake and just fell. Afterward he said his neck really hurt and asked if our insurance covered skiers. We thought he was kidding, turned out he wasn't. A few weeks later he emailed me asking for the phone number for my insurance co. Long story short they found that I was not liable, but paid out my max medical to him anyway. Not sure how to react, I haven't talked to him since and even if I did I would not allow him on my boat, in my vehicle or on my property for that matter, for fear of being sued if he trips or something. Oh yeah, come to find out, he had a few vertebre in his neck fused together years before! Seems to me that's when you give up skiing/wakeboarding for good.

ratso
    I wouldn't speak to him ever again.

"Friends" don't sue friends for dumb shit that is their own fault. Period.
    For that matter no one should sue anyone for shit that's their own damn fault. (but that's a whole nother discussion).
    You didn't lose a friend, you cleared your life of an asshole parasite IMO.

riverbound
    I would find him and then make sure he really does fall and hurt his neck

Kachina26
    That's kinda how I felt about it. In his mind, I think he believes that he was dinging the insurance company. But we all know that insurance companies don't lose money they get it back one way or another. It just totally blew me away, I didn't know if I should be pissed (which I was) or what. I felt like I was being sued even though we didn't go to court. I could see it if I did something stupid to cause his injury. Maybe I should have filed a claim agianst myself when I hurt my shoulder while engaged in the same activity.

Windy
    Man...some people. :yuk:

LASERRAY
    Your better without your "Friend" around. The sky's the limit with these dirtbags as far as litigation goes. I wouldn't welcome him aboard ever again! You've probably leant this "Friend" money at some point of your friendship, and he probably never paid you back. You don't need him in your life. Think of it as Addition By Subtraction.

JetBoatRich
    Great guy to not have as a friend any more You would think he would tell you what was going on before the claims started to come in in.

should have left him in the middle of the lake when he fell, of course that would be worst as far as law suits. What if he never was on the boat

Kilrtoy
    ARE YOU FU#$*N KIDDING ME.
    I was towing my buddy on the tub and he dislocated his shoulder. So I took him to the ramp and called for an Ambulance (WE WERE IN LAKE MOHAVE). So they come and then the next thing I know this dumb ass park ranger takes a Accident report. I said what for, he fell while tubing, He said he had to, I SAID NO ONE ASKED FOR YOU.
    My buddy felt so bad, he said I should have dumped him at the ramp and left, he wouldnt tell anyone who he was with .
    THATS A FRIEND, but to late.......

Kachina26
    Originally posted by JetBoatRich
    Great guy to not have as a friend any more You would think he would tell you what was going on before the claims started to come in in.

should have left him in the middle of the lake when he fell, of course that would be worst as far as law suits. What if he never was on the boat He told me what was going on, but it didn't change the state of shock I was in. And yeah I lent him money, well I gave it to him so I wouldn't have to go through the bs of trying to get it back.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast