Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Merc Cowlings...

Kindsvater Flat
    Originally posted by BILLY.B
    That will make it 2 outboards, 1 alcohol flat. I guess the O.B's win. I didn't just type that out loud did I????
    Chiefy... say it ain't so!!!

Kim Hanson
    Wait till you see this Super Cat finished. It should look BITCHIN when it's all done. I'm going to make a center console kinda like a 61-63 T-BIRD, put the controls for both engines in there along with cup holders, side tanks that will be custom fit to the sides and hidden. I plan on painting it white & black with a silver & gold old time graphic, pinstripped in red. Engines will be completely redone with new stickers, and the new medallion's on the center cover plate. Trailer is lowered with street rod looking rims(stainless beauty ring, red rim and small moon), and a light smoked cut down windshield, replacing the old tall plasctic clear one. Can't wait to cruise around in this unit. Do any of you know what kind of speed I can get out of this boat with the 2 650's???.
    I knew you were a wacker guy also, cool sounding boat your doing...........( . )( . ).....If it's anything in quality to your V-Drive I seen in this video I have, should be sweet and tit's!

Trailer is lowered with street rod looking rims(stainless beauty ring, red rim and small moon)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's going to look bitchin.
    BillyB, we have some mutual friends, from the river mostly. If we ever hook up, I'll see if they are bull shitin' me or if you really know 'em.
    steelies and beauty rings............. god damn, I love it. Thinking of doing the same thing on my lowered surburban.

Originally posted by Back To Havasu
    Jack Oxley, Danny Snead, and Bob Kies briefly ran twin Scott 75s on a 13, and those rigs were fast also.
    BtoH,
    I have a friend that bought a glass over wood boat, a Kennedy, I think it's another local builder from back in the day. He's had if for about 10 years now and not done anything with it. But the cool thing is it came with 2 75 hp scotts. It was set up for one, but came with a spare. Neat little engines. With all the intrest in the vintage stuff, I'd think that would be a rippin' little combo too. On a old cat, not so much that flattie.

Back To Havasu
    Old Rigger...a cat with twin Scotts would be awesome. Love to see that rig brought back to life.

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by Kim Hanson
    I knew you were a wacker guy also, cool sounding boat your doing...........( . )( . ).....If it's anything in quality to your V-Drive I seen in this video I have, should be sweet and tit's! I've caught a bunch of ribbing about this boat, but what could be cooler for my 2 kids to cruise around the river in then this classic. Can't wait till it's done, probably a year from completion . Like fine wine, it takes time.....

v-drive
    I apologize for breaking into your guys post but I love hearing about old outboards. When I first came home from vietnam I traded a 35 mm camera for an old witchcraft with a 65 (ithink) merc. I sold it a few years later to buy a house. In 1979 I bought a 16' tri hull boat called Glassmate I had a friend that had an old 110 merc that I paid $200 for and promptly had rebuilt by a guy on alondra in Bellflower. That was my first fast boat, I guess it was to much engine for the hull because with just my wife and myself in the boat it wouldn't stay in the water. I had a wellcraft after that and now i'm finishing an old lavey with an olds but my heart is definately outboard. How do you handle the laws against the old 2 strroke engines?........ v-drive

Kindsvater Flat
    I've caught a bunch of ribbing about this boat, but what could be cooler for my 2 kids to cruise around the river in then this classic. Can't wait till it's done, probably a year from completion . Like fine wine, it takes time.....
    Blondes, brunettes, and redheads.......its all good chief!!
    Same applies to boats but I think my first sentence is better

likwidsukr
    How about a 22' (TOAD) with twin 250's to "leap" with..........

chiefyg
    their are many old O/B's kicking around the small marinas around here, I will look for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast