Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park Moabi

OutCole'd
    Anyone have a place there? Whats your opinion?

anxious
    ive stayed out on the peninsula quite a few times. i love that section of the river. great beaches. they have full hookups now on the peninsula.

Coach
    I stay on the peninsula about 15 times a year. You have to book it a year in advance to get a peninsula site anymore. It is my favorite place to go anymore. Mostly because it is very kid friendly and you are in a good location to wakeboard with good water if you go towards Needles or load the boat up and head to the Sandbar or Havasu to party like a rock star. Topak marina is close to get gas if need be. They should be getting full hook ups on the peninsula sites very soon. They have electical and water but don't have a dump right now, but according to the rangers they might have dumps by summer on the peninsulas.

Kilrtoy
    Dont they have houses there.
    And if so how much.....

phuggit
    I have a buddy who is selling his mobile home in the park. He was asking 25g for it. If I remember right, the space rent is $185 a month or discounted if you pay yearly.

OutCole'd
    I have a friend with a couple of spots there for the trailers and may be getting rid of one of them, thats why I was asking. More about the trailer park, then the camping. Seems like a cool place.

beer hunter
    OC'd, that is one of my favorite places to stay on the river, like Coach said, there's lots of good water for the skiers/boarders, great beaches and it's fairly close to the Sandbar and Havasu

HotHallet
    Stayed there a few times. Decent campgrounds! Ramp kinda sucks as it has concrete curb lanes and drops off. Beach in front of gazebos has alot of ducks on it. I would stay out on the peninsula and launch from beach.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I got into a brawl with some old man who thought it would be ok to snake me in the launch ramp line. Had some bad vibes in the little lagoon/marina area from some drunks before too. We only launch there when we have too.

Coach
    I am suprised to hear bad stories about launching at Moabi. The curbs do suck but does help keep more lanes open. I know a ton of people who go out of their way to launch from Moabi because most of the launches in the area are terrible. I guess there are punks every where. The only thing I don't like about the launch is the long ass 5 mph zone heading out, although it is good to warm up the boat, drink a beer and pump some tunes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast