Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 575 Chiller

lavey575
    I know i have talked about this before,but i think iam going to go pick up a 650 super chiller kit from Teague this weekend.Has anyone on these boards installed the 650 kit on a 575 merc.I think iam going to try the 650 kit first (no fuel pump or ecu change)then add the pumps and do the ecu later.If anyone has please tell me how the install went and what kind of performane gains you saw.Thanks

PerfectionDtail
    Does anyone get a good deal on these? I think the price I have is 2k each.
    Sorry, don't have them yet so I cant answer your question.

Hustler
    I think you would be better off with a chiller from the blower shop or Richard Lee. I have heard reports of the SuperChiller cores leaking.

BADBLOWN572
    Don't go with a superchiller. I have one and I am not happy with it. Richard Lee or Whipple both make awesome kits that are more efficient and also lower profile. I highly dislike the Superchiller and I will never buy another in my life!

FastTimmy
    I think that the lee one is super chiller. Bob teague (Teague Marine) bought the rites to super chiller.
    I say use the blower shop one...
    The wipple is good two but I don't think you can put a ?-71 blower on them.
    Just my .02

Hustler
    You can put a 6-71 to 14-71 on the new Whipple intercoolers but $2,600 for a polished one is way out of line in my opinion.

FastTimmy
    Dam that's steep.... but they are good. We tested them when I worked at Banks.

MACH26
    Lavey,
    Let me know how that works, I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my boat.
    Thanks
    Javier

PerfectionDtail
    Do these other coolers add as much HP or more than the Superchiller? I couldn't find anything on Richard Lee. Anything on the web about it?

BADBLOWN572
    They make more h.p. but the best part is that they are lower profile. The superchiller stands approx 4" high where the whipple charger chiller only stands approx 2." I heard a reputable dyno shop one time describe the super chiller as trying to push melted Velveta cheese through a strainer is like forcing air through a Superchiller.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast