Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T8 or T10

HOSS
    Anyone switched to T8 bulbs and if so what have you noticed if anything from T10?

wsuwrhr
    HOSS if you are talking flourescents, and you are serious, I am using the smaller tube. T10, they are supposedly more energy efficient, and require a special ballast. The light they throw off is a little brighter than a T8, but I am no expert.
    I have 4 twin fixtures in my garage,8 tubes total, Christie always laughs at me because it is like daylight in the garage.
    Brian

HOSS
    I thought the T8`s were more effecient, more light, and lasted longer.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by HOSS
    I thought the T8`s were more effecient, more light, and lasted longer.
    It has been my experience they don't last longer, I installed T-8's in the rental house I was in, and I replaced them as much as any other bulb. I don't know a way to check power consumption of the fixtures only, so I can't say either way if they are more efficient, I just listened to the hype. More light, I guess, negligible though, maybe more light considering the bulb is so much smaller.
    I used them in my own garage because I bought them new, and I just wanted to have them cause they look cool. I guess what I am trying to say is, I should have just shut my mouth, cause I don't have anything useful to say. haha.
    Sorry,
    Brian

HOSS
    I`m getting ready to buy two 8` lenghts and a 4 footer. The T8`s cost a bit more and I know they draw a little less amperage than T10`s for the same light output. I did the math at Home Depot tonight.
    total watts / voltage(120) = amperage draw I think?

cheech
    you can mount those lites next to your air starter so when you hit the jake brake the lite comes on?

HOSS
    yeah

Hydro-Thunder
    If you really want a nice white light use the t-8's and put in the 5000 k bulbs (this is the color) these are closest to natural daylight. Also most power companies will give you rebates to switch or install these. I just retrofitted my comercial buildings and I think the power company gave me something like $5 per fixture.

superdave013
    Originally posted by wsuwrhr
    I guess what I am trying to say is, I should have just shut my mouth, cause I don't have anything useful to say. haha.
    Sorry,
    Brian

Jordy
    Originally posted by cheech
    you can mount those lites next to your air starter so when you hit the jake brake the lite comes on?
    that's funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast