Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Castaic to stay open - Press release

79Hawaiian
    Looks like Castaic will stay open. Personally I don't think it was ever in danger. It was all just a scare tactic to get funds flowing.

hboldno7
    fo the love of god, Please lift the Ban on alchohol.

MudPumper
    They are planning on streamlining the operation up there. Basically cutting back on as much as they can to cut costs. The funny thing is this, has anyone noticed all the construction work they are doing?? They are building a new entrance to the main launch ramp. New booths, bathrooms, playground. I was up there last Sunday and it looks like they are almost done. The entire time they were talking about shutting the place down, they never once stopped construction. They also asked me for my zip code. I guess trying to find out where most of their business is coming from.

Duke
    Originally posted by MudPumper
    They are planning on streamlining the operation up there. Basically cutting back on as much as they can to cut costs. The funny thing is this, has anyone noticed all the construction work they are doing?? They are building a new entrance to the main launch ramp. New booths, bathrooms, playground. I was up there last Sunday and it looks like they are almost done. The entire time they were talking about shutting the place down, they never once stopped construction. They also asked me for my zip code. I guess trying to find out where most of their business is coming from.
    thats a very good point, i'v noticed that as well.

Kilrtoy
    They have been building for ever.
    Guess that is government work for you....

Duke,
    Still freaks me out looking at your boat. You planning on attending the Freeboard Challenge, or CBBB?

Lake Lifeguard
    Unfortunately the press release didnt define what "steamlined" meant. As it turns out what they meant to say was that they are completely removing lifeguard services from the lake.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by roostwear
    Duke,
    Still freaks me out looking at your boat. You planning on attending the Freeboard Challenge, or CBBB?
    Sure close isn't it

eliminatedsprinter
    Originally posted by Lake Lifeguard
    Unfortunately the press release didnt define what "steamlined" meant. As it turns out what they meant to say was that they are completely removing lifeguard services from the lake.

Are you one of the affected lifeguards?

Lake Lifeguard
    In a division as small as ours everyone is affected by the removal of our biggest facility. All that aside, yes I will be displaced by someone with more seniority from Castaic when they pull out.
    The most irritating aspect of all of this is that time and time again we have proposed that we be placed under the control of the LACo Fire Dept. and have been told that we are too valuable to Parks and Rec to let go. And yet, each and every budget cutting measure proposed by our director has had at its core the elimination of Castaic Lake and lifeguards. Go figure.
    Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
    Are you one of the affected lifeguards?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast