Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by hoolign
    I need to buy a new laptop.
    dvd's
    ethernet
    floppy drive
    tons of memory
    what does someone suggest
    Emachine Laptop (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4&type=product)
    This is what I have, well the same with smaller hard disk.. Got it in April and it rocks so far (knock on wood). Built in wireless, tons o memory, cdrw/dvd, large 16:9 sreen, you would need a external floppy, none of the new ones have internal floppies. My dad liked mine so much he got one too...and loves it....
    Had a Vaio laptop and it was a POS. Spent almost 2X as much for the Vaio too....

hoolign
    what did that one run you ??

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by hoolign
    what did that one run you ??
    It was the same price, with the $150 rebate that they have one there. If you are thinking seriously, hurry the $150 rebate is good thru the 3rd. After that it goes to $100.
    They had a 150 rebate when I bought mine and that took the price down to 1099. The Vaio I bought was 2400 at the time...and was in the shop more than in my hands...

WetWillie
    Bad Ass machine. On it right now on the couch!
    Centrino 1.7
    4 hours battery
    1 gig ram
    ATI 9000 64mg video card
    Best computer I ever bought
    http://shopper.cnet.com/Acer_TravelM..._7_GHz___15__T FT/4014-3121_9-30580828.html?q=

Dr. Eagle
    IMO,
    every one of the computers shown in other posts here is around or above 2K.
    The Emachine is around 1K. I have owned toshiba, compaq, HP, Sony Vaio, Dell and Gateway. The emachine so far has kicked ass on all of them. Long battery life, stable machine (I know windows XP has a lot to do with it), but overall quality is WAAAAYYYY better than I have had in a laptop to date. Again, just my 0.2....

hoolign
    thanx for the info!
    Jeff

MagicMtnDan
    Buy one from Costco (be sure to check their Web site - they sell Dell products too!) - they offer the most liberal return policy around - 6 months no questions asked. With that policy you can buy one today and return it in 5 months for a state-of-the-art computer which you can return in 5 months for a state-of-the-art computer. That way you've always got the latest, greatest 'puter.
    That's where I'm buying my next computer.

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    IMO,
    every one of the computers shown in other posts here is around or above 2K.
    The Emachine is around 1K. I have owned toshiba, compaq, HP, Sony Vaio, Dell and Gateway. The emachine so far has kicked ass on all of them. Long battery life, stable machine (I know windows XP has a lot to do with it), but overall quality is WAAAAYYYY better than I have had in a laptop to date. Again, just my 0.2....
    While emachines have improved over the past year, IMHO it isn't worth the risk of buying one. If they go under, who is going to provide service?
    Gateway, Dell, etc will still be around for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast