Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in San Diego ready to boat yet???

NashvilleBound
    I need to go out and run the sled for a day and the closest thing would be San Vicente. Anyone else interested? Ya, I know its cold.....the beer will be too.... I was thinking this coming Sunday. Weathers supposed to be nice.

Starloans
    Faster Daddy & I were at San V a couple weeks ago early one morning. Must have been 3 boats on the lake. Perfect for testing a new prop. It's hard to test a prop at 35 mph so............ we were able to get one trip around before the Fun Ranger stopped us and reminded us the speed limit was 35. Prob is my exhaust is a little loud. Pretty much anytime I bury the stick everyone in the zip code will know.
    I've been there a few times in the past and a couple of the rangers were pretty cool. Came over and talk to us and didn't seems to mind some short burst of speed. They just wanted to see the boat.
    I think if the weather is nice we are going to play on the big pond on Sat and Sun. Probalby a Catilina run. Not too many fun rangers out there.
    What size, make boat you got?
    Dave

Starloans
    Opps, just checked your profile. I see you got the 247xs. So do you take that thing in ocean?

Faster Daddy
    Nashville,
    Join us in a run to Catalina Saturday - I'll buy ya a beer.

NashvilleBound
    Ahhh,the peer pressure.....But I can't. I would love to take it to Catalina but I just cant do the salt water thing. Besides I hear this time of year it pretty rough out there. Ever since Craig dragged me out into the middle of Mohave, with 5-6 footers on our way back from the dam, I still twitch when I hear rough water. That was a little more than I bargained for....

jbtrailerjim
    Originally posted by NashvilleBound
    Ahhh,the peer pressure.....But I can't. I would love to take it to Catalina but I just cant do the salt water thing. Besides I hear this time of year it pretty rough out there. Ever since Craig dragged me out into the middle of Mohave, with 5-6 footers on our way back from the dam, I still twitch when I hear rough water. That was a little more than I bargained for....
    Hey Nashville,
    I've never had my 247 out in any rough water (just some mild Havasu boat chop). How did your boat handle the rough water?

SchellSchock
    Nashville.....
    I'll take my cookie cutter Glastron out wif' ya' to San V. Sunday. I want to test the new 'puter/GPS hookup anyhow.
    P.M me.

rvrhlic
    The ocean is not that bad. It is usually worse at havasu on a busy weekend. We used to take my buddy's 17' whaler to catalina all the time, at night. A 247 can handle it no problem.

Starloans
    If you have decent weather it's a blast. Faster Daddy takes his 24 and doesn't think twice. But then again Faster will go in a blizzard.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Havasu but I've been on Havasu plenty worse than the last time I went to Catalina. On the big pond you can turn, drive fast, do doughnuts, stop, go slow all and not have to worry about lice or other idiots close by. And oh yeah, no FUN Police or speed limits! Just keep your eye on Faster Daddy and make sure you have GPS!
    Nashville, if you wanna ride with me this weekend to check it out your welcome to go along with us. I don't have a blower on my engine but we'll get there. Be at the Oceanside ramp and the designated time.

NashvilleBound
    Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
    Hey Nashville,
    I've never had my 247 out in any rough water (just some mild Havasu boat chop). How did your boat handle the rough water?
    We left Cottonwood around 8am with 1-2 footers...when we got back it was 5-6 footers. My family was looking at me like what the heck? Are we going to be ok??? Of course I acted like..."No problem!" But inside I was saying screw this!!!! We were rolling right at 90MPH around the last few bends and I thought I was going to beat everyone back to the marina. The first few swells I peirced right through the top 2' and got about 12" of water slapped against me. Once you get your rythem down your ok...well, as close as your going to get to ok. Any more than 6' swells your going to 1. Hope you have EFI and 2...Kah-Rap your pants and grab your lifevests.... Other than that I still, after 200 hours and 3 years, have problems finding another boats that handle and perform as well as my Ultra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast