There's no way I can't post up about this deal. I know the naysayers are gonna be all over it and I'll probably catch some crap but this is the god's honest truth.
After speaking with Duane Oblander on the phone as well as sending some emails with pictures and short video clips of my boat running, he recommended the longest of the Snoots with a 4 degree pin offset and sent it out. The first test I set it up with a 3 degree up wedge and ended up bettering my non-nitrous top speed by 2.4 mph.
At this time Duane and I were sending 3-4 emails back and forth per day discussing different setup options etc. to improve on an already good thing. He fedex'ed me a set of wedges 4, 1.5, and 1 degree wedge so I would have them for the next trip out. I installed 5.5 degrees of wedge and took it out today 01-01-04 and ran 80 mph!
That's a 6.3 mph increase by doing nothing more than switching from a PD droop to the Hi-Tech Snoot and doing some setup work.
That's so cool, I'm gonna say it again.....
That's a 6.3 mph increase by doing nothing more than switching from a PD droop to the Hi-Tech Snoot and doing some setup work.
With the nitrous I should be running close to 87 mph.
Duane is the consummate professional and was great to work with. Many thanks
http://jetboat.homestead.com/gpsII.jpg