Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 6.3 mph gain from setup

bp
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Hey! There's my chance to run her through the traps. I can afford $20.
    O.k. don't tell me..................you still have to pay all the other dough up front first, right?
    yaknow dan, this is something you've been told about 25000 times before, but once again; you can run river racer at ming for 75.00, which will get you a minimum 4 passes.

Joke bp. Iwasjuskidding.
    I do wish all they'd start some races here in Arizona.

TexasJet
    I have been Talking to Duane about working on my boat. I got permission from Wifey to spend the money so I am going to set it up with him. Omega Bubble Jet and I will haul my boat up there, and Duane says he can do the work in a couple of days. He runs the boat at a local lake first to get a base line. Then does the work. Then he runs the boat a few more times to fine tune the work. Last summer my boat ran 68 on GPS. We will see what Duane can do for me.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...BELTON0006.jpg This is what the back of the boat looks like now, minus the dog.

Cas
    TJ,
    You won't be disappointed.
    Duane was able to get this boat
    http://www.laidbackboaters.com/60153fe0.jpg
    to gain 12 mph without doing any engine work at all by doing exactly what you said. Since every boat is different, how much gain will remain to be seen.
    Good Luck!

Jetmugg
    Texas Jetter:
    Duane might suggest getting that dog off the swim step. That might pick up 1 mph or so, with no cost at all. As far as the cast droops, I think it's a good idea. Aggressor's parent company definitely has the resources to do the pattern work and pour some metal. The other thing that they have going for them is the availability to pour different alloys. You might want to investigate the option of pouring some snoots out of the Manganese Bronze alloy normally used for impellers. It's good stuff, and much stronger than the cast aluminum alloys.
    SteveM.

Cas
    Steve,
    Not too sure about the dog removal suggestion. The extra weight in the rear just might bring the bow up enough to gain a little speed.
    Dog Diverter

TexasJet
    I tried it with and without the dog on the swim platform. No difference either way. I think the additional weight offsets the benefit of any potential lift. As far as different metals, I will do whatever Duane recommends. I just talked to him this AM, he said the lake where he does his testing is frozen over.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678