Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windsor launch ramp

phuggit
    Were going out to Havasu tomorrow to look into a lot at the Havasu RV Resort. The resort is about one mile from the lake and it looks like Windsor will be the closest launch ramp. Close/easy lake access is a must for us to buy.
    I've never launched from Windsor, so I was wondering if anyone would give their .02 about Windsor's ramp. i.e. crowding, waiting time, knuckle heads, fees, parking and ramp condition.

cc322
    We launch thier all the time. Best bet is to get the season pass.75 dollars. The rangers usually keep things under control with ramp control on busy weekends, but you will still get your assholes who try to load thier boat while launching at the same time. You will need to get thier early on the weekends because they do fill up pretty quick. Good luck.

locogringo
    Originally posted by cc322
    We launch thier all the time. Best bet is to get the season pass.75 dollars. The rangers usually keep things under control with ramp control on busy weekends, but you will still get your assholes who try to load thier boat while launching at the same time. You will need to get thier early on the weekends because they do fill up pretty quick. Good luck.
    As of the end of summer, I heard that they are no longer going to have season passes so for those who bought theirs last year, when it expires, you can't get another one.
    Gonna suck for those of us who go out there all the time.

phuggit
    Thanx for the info. I'm going to stop by Windsor also, to check on the annual pass thing. I'll let you know what I found out when I get back Sunday.

Mandelon
    Let me know about the place. Looks like all the cheap spots are sold out....

Kachina26
    I like going there, really like the season pass. Not nearly as crazy as site 6, but one time I saw some idiot letting the kids swim at the docks around a bunch of boats coming and going.

burtandnancy
    Great ramps...Monday thru Thursday, expecially early spring and late fall, even better in winter. Find somewhere else otherwise...

phuggit
    We are the new owners of lot 128. LHC now has two more river junkies to add to the mix.
    Mandelon
    About one third of the park is sold. As of Sunday, 107-110, 117-122 and 129-136 were still available. When we arrived on Sunday morning, LHC was crawling with snow birds and several were buying up the lots when we arrived. The $75 dollar a month association fee covers park maintenance, sewer and water. They won't start charging us the fee until the park infrastructure is finished sometime in early April. Electricity service is paid by the buyer. Send an email if you want to know more or see pics of the site.
    I checked Windsor, but there was no one there to ask about the annual ramp pass.

cola
    Passes were still available at the end of November when I was there. My pass was goog till Dec. 29. we used it 70+ times last year. Well worth the $75. We also launched several times @ Moabi on the big weekends. 30 min. drive or set in line forever & deal with ass ho*es, I'll drive. Ranger had no date or if they would stop selling the passes. Hope I didn't wait to long. $ 1.07 per launch is hard to beat.
    Late, Mike

TCHB
    There is a strong rumor the season passes are history. I am not sure what is going on but lets hope they do not get of a good thing. Anyone have any more information on what is going on speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast