Thread: 23' Daytona-Information needed

TJC
    I recently bought 1988 23' Daytona and am looking for information on what it takes to make this boat go over 100. Does it need an extension box? If so, do I use neutral position or 3" raised? Do I need a 1 or 2" shortened lower unit? And how much horsepower and torque? Any help would be great, thank you.

Infomaniac
    Looks like you asked the right people.
    You can ask this guy. He just bought a brand new one. Wyatt Earp builds them in Oklahoma from the original mold. He has put a step in the keel. Raised the "X" quite a bit and has found the sweet spot. Not sure if this one will bust 100 with a 496 and a 150 shot of spray.
    New Wyatt boat thread. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=37249)
    Here is a short video of another one. 970 Whippled HP pushes it to 130.
    Quad Rotor boat video. (http://marineassault.net/11-4-03flybys.WMV)

daytona 23
    all you need is more hp and $,you inboard? my 23 has 2 merc 2.5 outboards it will go about 105 the wind shield is costing 5 mph,i did not take mine off i like the wind protection,i lifted my head above it at 90 ,holy wind blast ,keeps the bugs off yer face.

Wyatt told me that raising the "X" helped a lot. It is cold here in Oklahoma this time of year so I have only been out once but I like the boat so far. If you havent sean Info's vid. you need to that thing he built flys!

Daytona 23,
    How tall is the wind shield on your boat, I'm short and can't get out of the wind. In the summer thats not bad but in 50* it would be nice to get out of the cold. Do you think the wind shield is realy costing 5 mph? If it cost that much speed, Info & Welldone will be unbolting the one on Welldone's boat today!

RCM
    Iwatched the video and man does that boat haul ass, but my question is, what exactly is a quad rotor? RCM

Infomaniac
    Originally posted by RCM
    Iwatched the video and man does that boat haul ass, but my question is, what exactly is a quad rotor? RCM
    Quad rotor is two Whipple chargers on a single manifold. Here is the example in that boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t_Done-med.jpg