Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is #1 College Football Team?

SoCal_fun
    USC deserves the #1 rank. This split BS is just that, BS!

mbrown2
    The heisman for White was another joke after seeing him play against a reputable defense...guy won't even go in the first round...what a joke for a heisman quarterback..

This system that was created, the BCS, if it was not around ...lets say it had never been invented...USC would be the undisputed top ranked Number One team in the country! they would be every bodies National Champion!
    LSU although a good team wouldn't even be in the running. they would just be a number two team waiting for next year. When you look at it like that...it seems to me that LSU is the receipient of a kemme status championship trophy. Its like Dick Clark or Merv Griffin created a show called the Nokia BCS game just to sell advertising. how in the hell can LSU be a legit champ when niehter of the human polls have them number one except the computer geek computer poll selected them to play in the Sugar Bowl? They didnt even win it on the field...why do ask?
    BECAUSE THEY DIDNT EVEN PLAY THE 2ND BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. OK PROVED THEY WERE A 2ND RATE TEAM BY GETTING THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM TWO GAMES IN A ROW. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE A CHAMP,LSU, WHEN YOU BEAT AT BEST A TENTH RANKED TEAM. EVEN GEORGIA GAVE LSU A BETTER GAME I THOUGHT!
    USC HAS MORE LEGITIMATE CLAIM TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIOSHIP THAN USC.

Caribbean Jet
    no doubt that USC is #1. They should play next week and settle it.

twistedpair
    Originally posted by BUSTI
    USC HAS MORE LEGITIMATE CLAIM TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIOSHIP THAN USC.
    Truer words have never been spoken!

OOPS, I meant USC has a more legit claim than LSU!

Tremor Therapy
    I am not a USC alum, but the best team at the end of the college football season for the past 2 years has been USC!

bronco88
    Unlike most of you think, the national championship was played last night, not last week.
    LSU won and is THE national champion.
    LSU won the BCS title game, their conference championship game and had only one loss to a ranked team.
    USC won the Rose Bowl, played no conference championship game and loss to an unranked 5-6 team.
    OU lost to a ranked team in an extra game, a conference championship game.
    Oh yeah and USC plays in the PAC-10-whooop di do.

twistedpair
    Well, there you have it! Bronco is the official voice of college football, he obviously knows more about football that Professional Sports writers and even college coaches, both of whom voted USC #1.

bronco88,
    LSU Played a 2nd place team in the BIg 12 for their manufactured championship. Unlike USC only the BCS commisioners and the LSU fans and players really think they are National Champions...oh ya i forgot you also think that. USC is a conference champ and they beat another conference champ, the Wolverines , in teir bowl game. Not some over rated 2nd place team that when it counted couldn't even win their conference.
    If you believe that the BCS is a more reflective choice of what the 2003 college championship should be ...you are in the minority. USC has more regard as national champion across more circles like coaches, fans, and the press than LSU does. To bad for both schools because we will never know. How ever as a USC fan i'd rather be where we are than LSU is. who do you really think has more universally accepted respect as the National Champion USC or LSU? If you say LSU you are not intellectually honest...read the newspapers, listen to sportscasters and please be honest.
    I belive that LSU deserves a lot of respect but the polls speak for themselves...USC is number one thought by more people across this nation..period and the phony BCS can't change that!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast