Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who is #1 College Football Team?

SCUBA STEVE
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Yeah...a bunch of guys agreed to let computers do their voting...obviously, they (a lot of the coaches since some did not fulfill their contracts by voting differently) see their mistake now by doing that...never leave it in the computers...
    LSU deserved to be there.....no question about that....but their opponent did not....they showed that in lackluster performance over the last two games..
    Well said. OU didnt do jack sh*t last night. I made the mistake of betting the over last night too. I failed to realize what insentive Nick Saben had for winning the game. Or else I would have bet LSU. A pay increase will motivate any one!!

CEO
    I'm a UCLA gay and I think that USC is #1 hands down, see what happens when computer geeks get involved with a real mans sport:yuk:

beyondhelpin
    First I think USC is the #1 team out there.
    I am a die hard Sooners fan and to the person who said Oklahoma is a joke did not watch them play all season. I dont know who showed up for the big 12 conference championship or the Sugar Bowl but it was not the team I have been watching all year. We played like a high school team and LSU bearly beat us.
    Unless you guys watched OU dominate good teams all year you do not have any idea how good we were. The individual players did not pickup all the awards because they are well liked.
    I have never seen such a drastic change in a team in my life. Jason White almost never missed. Not only that he hit the receivers in stride so they never had to slow down and made sizable gains on the ground after catching the ball. His wrist was hurt so that explains his performance somewhat but what about the rest of the team. Who knows.
    USC is #1.

SCUBA STEVE
    Originally posted by beyondhelpin
    First I think USC is the #1 team out there.
    I am a die hard Sooners fan and to the person who said Oklahoma is a joke did not watch them play all season. I dont know who showed up for the big 12 conference championship or the Sugar Bowl but it was not the team I have been watching all year. We played like a high school team and LSU bearly beat us.
    Unless you guys watched OU dominate good teams all year you do not have any idea how good we were. The individual players did not pickup all the awards because they are well liked.
    I have never seen such a drastic change in a team in my life. Jason White almost never missed. Not only that he hit the receivers in stride so they never had to slow down and made sizable gains on the ground after catching the ball. His wrist was hurt so that explains his performance somewhat but what about the rest of the team. Who knows.
    USC is #1.
    Thats is a true statement. Before K-STATE spanked them they were smoking. All of a sudden OU went to the dumps? No running or passing game what so ever. There defesense played well enough to keep them in the game. But the offense stunk up the place???
    Oh yeah USC is #1...
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...4_2417-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...4_2401-med.JPG

bronco88
    Who's the two homo wearing the girlie hat on the left?
    The championship is split, there is nothing we can do about it, so enjoy your share and we will enjoy our share.

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by bronco88
    Proud member of the East Coast NCAA Football Conspiracy against West Coast NCAA Football!
    What you guys do not consider is that they BCS considers the entire season and the poll you want considers that last game more.
    The BCS reflects that USC lost to California, that LSU lost to Florida and OU lost to KSU at the time of last rankings.
    It is your own fault, not the BCS or the East Coast.

What you don't consider is that neither OSU or LSU have a quarterback worth a dime. Giving White the Heisman trophy is an injustice and only harms the trophy's reputation.
    You can support the BCS and its "system" all you want - supporting a system that produces illegitimate results only serves to reinforce the illegitimacy of LSU as "champions."
    And in your heart of hearts you KNOW that USC would walk all over either of those two pathetic teams

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
    I'm a UCLA gay and I think that USC is #1 hands down, see what happens when computer geeks get involved with a real mans sport:yuk:
    Uh, did you MEAN to say that?

SCUBA STEVE
    Who's the two homo wearing the girlie hat on the left?
    The championship is split, there is nothing we can do about it, so enjoy your share and we will enjoy our share.
    Bucket hat, get it straight.
    There isnt anything you or I can do about it but bitch about a need for an extra game.

TheLurker
    Unlike most of you think, the national championship was played last night, not last week.
    LSU won and is THE national champion.
    LSU won the BCS title game, their conference championship game and had only one loss to a ranked team.
    USC won the Rose Bowl, played no conference championship game and loss to an unranked 5-6 team.
    OU lost to a ranked team in an extra game, a conference championship game.
    Oh yeah and USC plays in the PAC-10-whooop di do.
    3 Things to say to that : First read a portion of Tom Dienharts article in the Sporting News-->
    Take that, Sugar Bowl supporters. How did it feel to have your "national title" game trumped by the Rose Bowl? LSU, Oklahoma and USC each entered the postseason with one loss. But take a closer look at each team's defeat. The Sooners got smashed by Kansas State in the Big 12 title game, meaning OU wasn't even champ of its league. Please. LSU's loss came on its own turf to a good but not great Florida team. Come on.
    The Trojans' defeat was in three overtimes at California, a rising program that dumped Virginia Tech in the postseason. In the end, LSU and Oklahoma were good, but USC was a smidgen better.
    Second about what you dont think is an East Coast Bias The polls that make up the BCS(The "C" is Silent) all come from the east so teams on the east coast start ranked higher. Since the pollsters dont see west coast teams play because of the time difference but only see highlites or read about the games the next day. This is where West coast teams get shafted in the stregnth of schedule portion.
    Third since you are from Florida and their is only one team with 5 count them 5 losses ranked in the top 25 you know who it is. Now are you going to say the Polls dont favor teams from the east

Bow Tie Omega
    Pete Carroll has already said he and his team are ready to play LSU to figure out this number 1 stuff once and for all. Its funny, you do not hear LSU saying anything . That is ok, their silence speaks volumes. WAY TO GO USC!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast